View Poll Results: b/b/v
Beat (lol, innuendo) 8 53.33%
Brag 3 20.00%
Variance 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: .02/.05 PLO/8 top set vs. flush draw

[ QUOTE ]

I also think the preflop raise is a mistake - bad position, speculative hand. Better to limp this, or maybe raise it some fraction of the time if playing against strong opponents.

- check/fold if clubs fall
- check/fold if any low card that enables a straight falls (everything except aces)
- check/call if a non-club ace falls
- bet out on all other cards

[/ QUOTE ]

To express bbartlog's post more concisely, the standard play with this hand UTG is limp/call-raise PF, check/call flop, CR any good turn, check/fold any bad turn card (which is basically any low card). You can re-evaluate if a high club falls (meaning if you still got pot odds due to a lot of players in the pot).

The idea on the flop is that it's not ideal to CR to get it all in against a single player (because you could be a dog), but if it went like: you check, bet, call, call, then raise it up for sure because now there's dead money in there and you have good equity. Also, you don't want to build a pot on the flop so that you got like 40% of your stack in and you're staring a bad turn card OOP.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: .02/.05 PLO/8 top set vs. flush draw

Uh, actually, I didn't recommend check/call on the flop; and CR on turn (instead of betting) depends on opponent aggression, I think most of the time you need to bet it yourself.