Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 09:56 AM

Default NL50 - KK - Reasonable line against possible AA?

At work so no HH available. Have around 150 hands on villain, 38% VPIP, 8% PFR, 1 AF

Stars NL50, 9 players
Villain is UTG w/$50, I am to his left w/$50.
Villain raises $2
I reraise to $7
Folds back to Villain who min-raises $5 more

Villain plays alot of hands but doesn't raise much and is kind of passive. So when he min-raises me PF, I am 90% sure he has AA. That and the fact that at least once a night I run KK into AA (thanks Lee!).

Was only $5 to call the min raise so figured, might as well see what comes. Flop comes 10/J/Q. Short of hitting set, best flop I could hope for.

Villain bets $10. I shove all in.

At the time I figured this was a good move considering fold equity plus the outs I have if he calls. If I was in villains shoes, I would fold AA there as its behind JJ/QQ/AK which are all reasonable hands to be against.

This a reasonable line here?
Old 03-20-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: NL50 - KK - Reasonable line against possible AA?

Yeah, looks like aces to me. Guy could also easily have AK, QQ, JJ type hand. The flop action: I hate it. Most hands that aren't AA have you beat if he did have a hand like QQ/JJ/AK. AA still has you drawing slim. YOu need to go with your reads in NL and you read him as AA. When I get 3 or 4 bet with KK I start narrowing the margin to QQ-AA. Most of the time In my experience guy will have AA when min raising like this. I know it's impossible to fold KK preflop, but sometimes you have to if you are trusting your reads. At least its only $50 bucks though. If you're wrong, just reload and look for a better spot.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:09 AM

no dude. this is the worst flop you could hope for. even if you widen his range to TT+ you are wooped. also, if you widen it to AK you are dominated. it sounds like AA is likely, and this flop is horrible for you. it is a decieving flop.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:14 AM

I think the flop can't be worse. You lose to A's, Q's, J's, T's and AK and if he's a little loose and passive he's not likely folding any of these (the only hand he might be folding is AA).
Old 03-20-2007, 01:07 PM

This is the reason why I posted it. I thought he might would lay down AA but was wrong. He called and didn't catch up.

Was kicking myself afterwards for ever thinking typical NL50 player would lay down AA there. Should of just saved the $38. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]