Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 05:06 AM

Default Peaking at cards

Do taller players get a decent amount of peaks at hole cards compared to a person of average height? How often are shorter players able to see mucked cards that get tossed up in the air slightly? What are some tips for peaking cards? Reflections in glasses?
Old 03-20-2007, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Peaking at cards

wow
Old 03-20-2007, 11:17 AM

wtf
Old 03-20-2007, 11:40 AM

sorry i meant peeking. hope that clears it up for you guys. is it so far fetched that people flash cards sometimes? i don't mean doing anything illegal to see the cards.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry i meant peeking. hope that clears it up for you guys. is it so far fetched that people flash cards sometimes? i don't mean doing anything illegal to see the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peeking on purpose would be cheating. At best, you'll get kicked out. At worst, you'll get beaten up.

If you're talking about accidently seeing mucked cards or anothers' hole cards, then how can you ask for "tips" on benefiting from "accidents."

This is an insane post. Don't peak. Don't try to peak. Don't look for tips on peaking. If some old guy is accidentally flashing his cards next to you, then be a gentleman and tell him to protect his cards a little better. Odds are he'll appreciate the tip, and be a little happier when he inevitable loses his money later - if he was good, he wouldn't be flashing his hole cards.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Peeking on purpose would be cheating. At best, you'll get kicked out. At worst, you'll get beaten up.

If you're talking about accidently seeing mucked cards or anothers' hole cards, then how can you ask for "tips" on benefiting from "accidents."

This is an insane post. Don't peak. Don't try to peak. Don't look for tips on peaking. If some old guy is accidentally flashing his cards next to you, then be a gentleman and tell him to protect his cards a little better. Odds are he'll appreciate the tip, and be a little happier when he inevitable loses his money later - if he was good, he wouldn't be flashing his hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-20-2007, 12:03 PM

In Poker Essays, Mason has essay about frontloading. You should read it.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:32 PM

You shouldn't be trying to peak at other player's cards. That is cheating. You should be asking yourself why you desire to cheat?

That said, I have played at tables next to people who made it practically impossible not to notice their cards. One time, a guy was so bombed he was literally showing me his cards as he looked at them and would even comment on them as he showed them to me (while I and others at the table held a live hand). Of course he was too drunk to actually speak coherently so I didn't have a clue what he was trying to say.

Each time something like this happens I ask them to better conceal their cards. On rare occasions I have had to ask repeatedly, even going so far as to ask the dealer/floor to say something to the person.

This has led to a number of interesting conversations and, yes, because there are so many nits out there it has even led to one or two arguments where I have been accused of being a cheater for seeing another player's cards.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:46 PM

The majority of OPs posts are in Sports Betting. Enough said?

OP, peeking at cards is cheating. Knowingly catching glimpses of your neighbors cards repeatedly because he doesn't protect them is cheating. No player at the table should be allowed to have an unfair advantage due to exposed cards. If the roles were reversed and someone was beating you out of every pot because you exposed your cards you wouldn't be very happy to find that out. Learn to play better poker so you don't have to cheat in order to gain an advantage. Exercise a bit of honor and integrity.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:13 PM

Is it cheating if you can look into a player's soul and see his hole cards?