Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 10:45 PM

Default AKo Money bubble just burst.

Both Players on my left and right had been very loose aggressive, to the point that I thought I was being collude against. It really had me tightened down, so I needed to 1 eithier bust or slow these guys down. Villains call here is a pretty big range as in I don't think he would fold 22 here or QJ. With this flop I was 95% that he would raise or call my continuation bet, and bet if I checked. So I did as put the pressure on him, standard ?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 with t25 antes (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t9722)
UTG+1 (t1545)
MP1 (t6772)
Hero (t4726)
MP3 (t7126)
CO (t5166)
Button (t12534)
SB (t7392)
BB (t5080)

Preflop: Hero is in MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t600</font>, MP3 calls t600, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t1725) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP3 bets t1000</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t4101 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>
Old 03-19-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Re: AKo Money bubble just burst.

If you think your ahead, and that villain is going to raise you a [censored] load of the time when you cont bet, why not just lead?

Your CR basically never folds 77+ from this type of player, but it will fold AQ/AJ/KQ/KJ/QJ where as if you lead and they raise it commits them to call your stack.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Re: AKo Money bubble just burst.

I guess I have to call a push from villain ?

I see what you are saying I basically let him out easy with all hands I am ahead of or slightly behind like 22-55.