Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Some hands from my first NL session

So I've never played NL cash before and wanted to know how I played these hands. I'm a limit player, so I was pretty lost but hopefully I played them right:

1/2NL with $100 max buy-in

1) I have around $225 behind and pick up A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Two limpers in front of me and I make it 15. One caller. Flop is all diamonds and I bet out 30. Button raises to 70 and I push. Okay?

2) I have JJ in MP and raise to 12. Around $300 behind. Two callers and flop is K510 with two spades. I bet 15 and get checkraised to 40. I fold.

3) Around $250 behind and I have J9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button. Flop is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. EP bets 10, MP raises to 25 and I push. Is that right?

4) Two hands later and I have AK on the big blind. EP raises to 6, Button raises to 25 and I????

Thanks.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Some hands from my first NL session

Bump. Anyone?
Old 03-19-2007, 03:59 PM

1 and 2 are fine. I think I'd just call in the 3rd hand because you have no fold equity versus trip tens. As for hand 4 I honestly might just fold this live. Reraises live are usually big hands so without a read I think I'd either call and hope to flop an A/K or just fold pf as weak as that sounds.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:31 PM

1. definitely get it in, you played it fine.

2. fine without a read on him

3. I agree with shpanko on the call, you are not folding out a good T here and one opponent could have a boat here leaving you 2 live outs. Plus, its a huge overbet which is only called by a boat or a big T. I'd be interested in the equity calcs for an OESFD vs. trips -- I think you're around 40% off the top of my head.

4. Meh, fold without a read is OK... totally based on reads really, probably coin flipping if you push (you didnt note how deep you were btw).