Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Wedding party music recommendations?

I used to be a banquet server. The common list always went like this. -unchained melody- everything i do i do for you- can't help falling in love- pretty woman- that stupid celine dion song from titanic- i will always love you-

or you could go fast dancing - jail house rock- back that a## up-

To be honest with you, just about every wedding that I seen (over 150), the playlists were all the same. So, if you are going to do this, you may want to look on-line and find a wedding play list.

My favorite kinds of weddings were the themed ones. The best was the "Goth" wedding. They seemed to celebrate the most as no one was worried about formalities.

I remember a harp player, an African Wedding, 80s etc.

The best thing that you need to learn is to keep the beat. There is a huge difference between a good and bad DJ. Sometimes, even though I heard the same BS all the time, I really felt like jumping on the dance floor and getting down. The main concern here is crowd feel, and most certaintly, your system. This is pretty technical stuff. But if you don't make sure that the Volt capacity in your speakers are higher than the reciever out-put, you will be pressing about 15 Ohms. I would worry more about my equipment and wiring more than the music selection.