Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 01:07 PM

Default KK - am I doing anything differenly here?

Sort of in a downswing just now. Certainly not a big deal, certainly not a BIG downswing objectively (decent-sized for me tho..). But I simply must look at my play, anything else would be uncivilized.

villains are unusually loose for party. same passive-tastic thing we've come to know and love. A looser table than normal. BB is 40/4/.2 over 30 hands, button is 80/10/.6 over about 40 hands. Seeing lots more cold-calling than usual here, by the end of hte session i was wondering if I should have been using a different starting hand chart! more players to the flop than usual.

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

yawn.
Flop: (9.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, Button calls.

also thought this was standard, but i'm sorta starting to smell a call down here..A 3bet from a passive player and ther rest of the lot not bothered calling my raise? Then again, I do have a BDFD to go along with my monster pair. Oh, and the KK isn't bad either (fnar!)
Fearing the straight here is a bit MUBS, no?

Turn: (10.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, Button calls.

River: (13.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 13.70 BB

How do we feel about the call down here? Or should I be more afraid of the flop action given the semi coordinated board?
Old 03-19-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: KK - am I doing anything differenly here?

Cap the flop and then raise the turn. If you get 3-bet on the turn, especially cuz an overcard fell, then you can be pretty sure that you are beaten. Then decide whether your are drawing to beat their 2-pr or set, or drawing dead to their strt.

THis may not be the best approach, but I think 99-AA would three bet the flop (as might Ax[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]s, and you are good vs. all but Aces there.

I predict that villain rivered a set w. his TT, and you are wondering if you should hvae gone to war, in an attempt to drive him out of the hand?
Old 03-19-2007, 01:26 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crying call. You have an overpair.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:38 PM

Calling the river is probalby -EV against this guy, but everybody does it an I usually do as well. I would call the flop and turn hoping the board pairs or I hit my set though. Against a more aggressive opponent this would be an easy call down.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:59 PM

i play this the same, though capping the flop can't be too bad, especially since we hold the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. i guess we should fold if we cap the flop and then bb c/r the river, though.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:39 PM

I personally cap the flop. If the turn is a scare card for us, he may try for a check raise and we can check through. If its not a scare card I will try bet if he checks and raise if he bets and fold to a check raise or reraise.