Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: All Time Favorite TV Moments

The serious tourney pro (?) who folded his set of Jacks vs. Helmuth...to this day, I can't begin to understand what he was thinking...
Old 03-17-2007, 08:44 PM

I think it was Tony D that folded the Jacks to Hellmouth in the 2003 ME.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The serious tourney pro (?) who folded his set of Jacks vs. Helmuth...to this day, I can't begin to understand what he was thinking...

[/ QUOTE ]

And, of course, the guy who folded the set of tens, and then confesses it to Ivey, at a WSOP circuit event. And Ivey saying something like 'No way, quit lying.'
Old 03-17-2007, 09:50 PM

let's not forget Clonie Gowen's stunned statue face after Vanessa Rouso called her all-in on CASH POKER when they both had two-pair an Vanessa had to suckout to get there...

priceless...Clonie looked like she was gonna burst every blood vessel in your body and held that look for about 45 seconds...

-TheMan
Old 03-17-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scotty Nguyen bluffing Humberto Brenes

"you, you can't call. too much for you. a hundred thousand, it's too much for you."

"i bet 100,000 with this hand."

"that's no limit, baby"

[/ QUOTE ]

You left out the best part: "Sh*t, I thought I was playing blackjack." (he was bluffing with 83o)
Old 03-17-2007, 10:52 PM

LOL, I am such a geek for this stuff. "I luv pokah!" hehehe. Anyways all of my favs have been mentioned in 1 way or another, here's another nugget to add to the bunch:

Any1 remember one of the prelim bracelet events for the '05 WSOP w/ Mark Seif winning his 2nd bracelet? There was that 1 hand where it was 4-handed, Minh Nguyen w/ pocket jacks moves all in. Then Webber Kang w/ tens moves in immediately next to act. Then Bill Gazes wakes up w/ AK and calls BOTH of em All-In. (LOL, 4-handed 4 a bracelet calling all of ur chips off w/ AK facing 2 allins, I kno the guy said he had 2-1 or w/e but jeez.) The Flop brings set over set, w/ the jacks winning out. Very entertaining hand.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:49 PM

If anybody hasn't seen the Million Dollar Cash Game that was played in London last year, it's essential viewing. The play isn't great by any means, but the action is f*cking wild, thanks mostly to this uberLAG Paul Kemsley who is just a chip-spewing maniac.

Here's Part 1 , which features one of Matusow's best ever rants after the 2nd hand in. The other parts of that episode are up by the same user, and all of them have lots of heavy action: an epic pot between Hansen and Seidel, and one in part 4 where PK puts over $50K in with JT on a flop of 456 vs. Tony G (Ivey's look of disbelief when the hands are tabled is classic).

Anyway, hadn't seen this one mentioned too often here, and figured this was a good thread to put it in.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If anybody hasn't seen the Million Dollar Cash Game that was played in London last year, it's essential viewing. The play isn't great by any means, but the action is f*cking wild, thanks mostly to this uberLAG Paul Kemsley who is just a chip-spewing maniac.

Here's Part 1 , which features one of Matusow's best ever rants after the 2nd hand in. The other parts of that episode are up by the same user, and all of them have lots of heavy action: an epic pot between Hansen and Seidel, and one in part 4 where PK puts over $50K in with JT on a flop of 456 vs. Tony G (Ivey's look of disbelief when the hands are tabled is classic).

Anyway, hadn't seen this one mentioned too often here, and figured this was a good thread to put it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there were quite a few sick hands on that show, but I don't remember it ever being shown on TV...I just caught it all on Youtube as well. Either way, it was just a single episode right?...not a series?

That Australian guy (not Tony G) made for the most stupid/crazy pots. Just completely reckless with his cash game play.

-TheMan
Old 03-18-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how about the first hand of the WSOP ME (can't remember the year), Farha against some semi-celebrity dude. AA vs. AT, flop ATT, turn a blank and the chips go in. gg and well played...

[/ QUOTE ]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cixMq97Zo38

[/ QUOTE ]

Got the details wrong, saw it a long time ago. Thanks for the link! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2007, 01:07 PM

When ever motor mouth Mike M. busts out.

SPecially on the High Stakes show when the better players gave him $4k to stick aound, that might be a tell that Mike is such a fish they will pay him to play.