Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: .02/.05 NL ACE High with rag flop against Fish (first hand posted)

[ QUOTE ]
villain is 60% vpip and WTSD 40% fold flop and turn approx 20% ... my plan was to steal if river wasn't a heart... how did I play it and what did you think his hand was?

[/ QUOTE ]

why did you plan to steal the river? Why not c-bet the flop? If he goes to SD 40% of the time, what makes you think you can steal the river?

TWIWP Villain seems passive, and if so, why raise the turn when he's betting into you, especially when you know there's a small chance of him folding?

I think this is the perfect type of villain to get chips from when you're ahead, and the worst type of villain to bluff.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:01 PM

i think basically my problem lately has been I don't see how I can beat these players. I value bet and they catch up, I bluff and they call with nothing (meaning low pair) and win I get my money in with a nice draw against nothin and they hit their mid pair and my draw doesnt come and I lose. I dont know if it is just variance I am hitting but this is just getting ridiculous... I mean one guy is calling me with K9 when I have A9 on a T9T2 board (when I know hes calling with anything and I am simply taking my chances that my hand will stand up, bc thats what I HAD to do against this player) and he spikes a king on the river .... its just getting to me thats all which I think I am sort of tilting on these plays but I don't even think they are THAT bad considering EVERY read I had in every hand was the right one...
Old 03-18-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't play it as a steal unsuited personally at NL5/NL10 because you assume that your Ace is clean, when people will limp/call w/ even as high up as AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have clarified by saying only to do this if folded to you, and should reiterate that this only against tight players. Dumping them is fine also.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
villain is 60% vpip and WTSD 40% fold flop and turn approx 20% ... my plan was to steal if river wasn't a heart... how did I play it and what did you think his hand was?

[/ QUOTE ]

why did you plan to steal the river? Why not c-bet the flop? If he goes to SD 40% of the time, what makes you think you can steal the river?

TWIWP Villain seems passive, and if so, why raise the turn when he's betting into you, especially when you know there's a small chance of him folding?

I think this is the perfect type of villain to get chips from when you're ahead, and the worst type of villain to bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

i planned to steal the river because he wasn't a truly passive player who only bet when he had something, and even if he did, he is representing a flush draw or a 2... at most he is slowplaying a set...my raise was to "show" him I had something and that if the heart doesn't come I am not trying to steal the river.... am I wrong for thinking this??? I put him on nothing on the turn, which is what he had, and he caught a miracle out which was the only card he can call with after my turn raise.... my reads have been perfect lately but people still call and I don't hit my draws against them when I have them is what it is coming down to