Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 09:42 PM

Default An analysis of folding strong hands on the flop. [2 hands]

Hello. I am writing this post in an attempt to give something back, and also to get my ideas out there to see where they stand. I am going to list 5 folds, all committed in a live 2/5 game, with the opponents tendancies listed.

All games live 2/5 10 handed.

1/ effective stacks are $1200
Villain is tight and has tendancies towards nut peddling, although gets stupidly out of line on occasion.

Villain believes he has worked Hero out. i.e, Hero bets when checked to.

Hero has Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain raises to $30, 6 folds, Hero calls $30, 2 folds, BB calls.
[Hero only smooth calls villain here because he is so incredibly tight, hence I am playing to call him down, and valuebet when checked to. I will fold if bet into on three streets, yes he is a nut peddler.]

Flop $92 (3) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB checks, Villain checks, Hero bets $55, BB calls, Vllain raises to $200, Hero folds.
[I do not believe Villain can make this c/r with less than JJ, he would rather bet out, he can only do this with a very strong PP AA-KK, a set that he raised UTG or AcKc. Hence after careful analysis it is an easy fold, made even more so by the third player.]

2/ effective stacks $900
Villain is a tight winning ABC player, who will not undertake all but the most basic of bluffs.

Hero has Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB
2 limpers, Villain raises to $30, 2 folds, Hero re-raises to $90, 3 folds, Villain calls
[I find this line fine as well as the alternative of calling]

Flop: $195 (2) A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets $125, Villain rasies to $300, Hero folds
[I find this as a standard bet/fold, although against some players I feel this to be a check/fold. a tight ABC player must have the A to raise this board, he is far too risk averse to make a play like this.]

JT