Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: The Well: Pudge714

[ QUOTE ]

Tickets you say?
HOLLA?
Also on behalf of Alan Sass, he only plays live now because hes a donkey except for 20 mins today waiting for room service
I've been playing more live tourneys for fun and because their soft as well as some live cash at the commerce which was crazy soft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think I may be able to get an extra two for the heat game if you're interested
Old 03-18-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got a question. What university should I go to in the Ontario area? I'm interested in Science, Math and Business. I know that's not a specific department at all, but anyways I'm curious what you think.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where do you live?
Are you in grade 12 now?
Do you get good grades?
If so probably UofT or Queens.
I hear good things about Western, but certain kids wouldn't be good fits there.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not canadian nor have i been, but two of my cousins went to western, one an engineer and one a doctor, both liked it a lot
Old 03-18-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Student's review of McGill? Only place I'm in so far and interested in your opinion

[/ QUOTE ]
Montreal is an awesome city. The drinking age is 18 which is a lot better than 21 or 19 being able to drink in residence and not worrying about ID is really nice.
Academically I think they grade harder than other Canadian schools except U of T, but I don't really have a frame of reference to compare it to.
What are you planning on studying?
What other universities have you applied to?
I can give more complete answers after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

McGill's the only Canadian school I applied to. Went to Montreal with my family, stayed right by the campus and I loved the city.
Planning on studying Math or Physics although I could end up in Philosophy of Political Science. A little hard for me to say 100% right now.
Also applied to: Stanford (rejected), UC Berkeley, UCLA, Duke, UNC, Harvard, Princeton, Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd, Columbia, Washington University (St. Louis), Johns Hopkins
Old 03-18-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got a question. What university should I go to in the Ontario area? I'm interested in Science, Math and Business. I know that's not a specific department at all, but anyways I'm curious what you think.

[/ QUOTE ]
Where do you live?
Are you in grade 12 now?
Do you get good grades?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too far from downtown.
I'm in grade 11.
My grades are pretty bad, but next year my courses are 3 maths, two sciences and english. I'm getting a 98 in math(really easy course)and I'm getting a low 90 this term in chemistry and physics. Not working too hard. My goal for gr 12 is just a low 90's average.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:16 PM

Blinds of 75/150, 5 players SB vs BB
SB 1050 and sits with T3o
BB 300
BB has been pretty tight and a rational player.

I assume you fold the T3o, at what point would you push assuming BB will play back with ATC? Or is that assumption always correct? Would it change much if this was the bubble with 4 players?
Old 03-18-2007, 05:25 PM

I've been out of the loop in S&G's and am gonna get back in the mix soon.. what site is best to come back on? Stars has the good and familiar turbo structure, plus lots of traffic, FTP has RB, and we pay a lot of rake so that's a plus, but the turbo structure is just way too fast and the regs take too long.. Party is soft and has unmentionable, but not sure about the volume/traffic.. suggestions?
Old 03-18-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Student's review of McGill? Only place I'm in so far and interested in your opinion

[/ QUOTE ]
Montreal is an awesome city. The drinking age is 18 which is a lot better than 21 or 19 being able to drink in residence and not worrying about ID is really nice.
Academically I think they grade harder than other Canadian schools except U of T, but I don't really have a frame of reference to compare it to.
What are you planning on studying?
What other universities have you applied to?
I can give more complete answers after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

McGill's the only Canadian school I applied to. Went to Montreal with my family, stayed right by the campus and I loved the city.
Planning on studying Math or Physics although I could end up in Philosophy of Political Science. A little hard for me to say 100% right now.
Also applied to: Stanford (rejected), UC Berkeley, UCLA, Duke, UNC, Harvard, Princeton, Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd, Columbia, Washington University (St. Louis), Johns Hopkins

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I don't know about the other schools, because I never really seriously looked at applying to the US. By looking at the schools you are applying to it seems like you are a good student and are smart enough to go to McGill ,but stuff like good work ethic are apparently important for some reason. Also Montreal gets real cold in the winter.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blinds of 75/150, 5 players SB vs BB
SB 1050 and sits with T3o
BB 300
BB has been pretty tight and a rational player.

I assume you fold the T3o, at what point would you push assuming BB will play back with ATC? Or is that assumption always correct? Would it change much if this was the bubble with 4 players?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.decf.berkeley.edu/~chubukov/rankings.html

This chart is your friend
Old 03-18-2007, 06:01 PM

What would you do here:

3. PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t2065)
UTG+1 (t1510)
CO (t1190)
Button (t2960)
Hero (t3135)
BB (t2640)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with TT

UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to t200, CO folds, Button folds, Hero ?
Old 03-18-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Where do you live?
Are you in grade 12 now?
Do you get good grades?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too far from downtown.
I'm in grade 11.
My grades are pretty bad, but next year my courses are 3 maths, two sciences and english. I'm getting a 98 in math(really easy course)and I'm getting a low 90 this term in chemistry and physics. Not working too hard. My goal for gr 12 is just a low 90's average.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know that much about you, but it seems like UofT would be a good choice for you, maybe Queens, maybe Waterloo, but I never really looked into going there.