Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who WILL win?
Brazil 171 93.44%
France 12 6.56%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: WPT should be sued

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Oliver:

I have decided to "THINK" before making this post. Here's what I "THINK": If I thought anything was threatening the well being of my unborn child, the WPT could threaten me with all the disqualification or blinding out or permanent barring they wanted. I would be taking my wife to the hospital immediately and without any further consideration.

This is not a "cheap shot" against you, or anyone else. It is simply what I would do, and I would always be surprised to come across anyone else who would not feel the same. The reports to date certainly made it sound as though there was some imminent danger so I'm surprised they didn't drop everything and go to the hospital. If the reports are inaccurate and she and the baby weren't in danger, then fine, there's no big deal in staying.

Sensitive or not, that's what I "THINK" about the situation, and if she is "big enough" to have a high powered agent with his own blazer and tie like yourself (see now THAT was a cheap shot against you), she should understand that she is under public scrutiny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, the decision whether J.J. Liu continued was not my call. Dan Alspach was the one who made the decision as his wife's manager. J.J.'s family kept me as much in the dark as possible and I was unaware of the severity of the situation until after the TV final table was over.

As for educating my client regarding "public/media scrutiny", I did that, several times, in the past 6 months, starting with my meeting with J.J. and Dan 2 days after J.J. won WPT Ladies Night IV.

At this point, I cannot offer my opinion of what decision I would have made if I were in Dan's shoes. That is NOT my job.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
given that I am now an agent and a defacto PR flack

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, is this whole thing like a brag??? How many times are you going to say this???
Old 03-18-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Again, the decision whether J.J. Liu continued was not my call. Dan Alspach was the one who made the decision as his wife's manager.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Alspach decided that his woman should play on despite possibly severe health complications? This is not a cheap shot; as their de-facto PR flack, I'd like you to explain his decision.

Edit: Nevermind.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Again, as J.J. Liu's agent, I ask the 2+2 audience to please refrain from posting insensitive remarks or taking cheap shots at J.J., Dan Alspach, or myself in order to justify your existence.

At this time, I cannot comment on the specifics of the situation beyond what was already reported by the media.

Please respect J.J. and Dan's need for privacy. Thank you very much.

Oliver Tse
Oliver Tse Management Group, LLC
otmgmt@otmgmt.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I am somewhat suprised to see your comment Oliver. I agree this is a very serious and sensitive subject. BUT how can you possibly be serious about posting this? You are a very vocal member in NVG. You of all people should know that this is a very valid thread thats should be discussed. I'm not saying that certain comments should be said, but that is 2+2. Some kids get off at being cruel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I simply ask 2+2 participants to "think", just a little bit, before posting something insensitive and/or taking their daily cheap shots at either J.J., Dan, or myself.

I don't think that was too much to ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're asking that your clients be treated differently than other well known people just because they are your client. That's too much to ask.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:51 PM

olivert you a complete tool. you preemptively warned everyone not to take cheap shots at JJ for no apparent reason (see Bay101 thread). you hint at vague details of JJ's situation to increase your own feeling of self importance. you pointlessly spew facts about your own knowledge of the industry which adds nothing to the discussion. you are the worst PR agent i've ever heard of. you want to know what a good response should of been?

"yes, i can confirm that JJ was not feeling well during the match and was taken to the hospital afterward. i believe she's doing fine now, thanks for the concerns. i'm afraid i don't have any information other than that as of now."

see? you don't sound like a pompous tool. you don't draw more attention to a situation which you already admit is volatile for JJ. and most importantly, you don't come off like a pompous tool.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I am most weirded out by the fact that J.J. Liu, whom I have never heard of before ever, has an agent.

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]
You know what's weirder? I now really dislike the agent of the player I've never heard of.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:56 PM

Olivert,
I have nothing against Dan or JJ so I will not take cheap shots at them. You on the other hand seem like a giant douchebag, which becomes obvious every time you post so I will continue to take cheap shots at you.

edit: BTW I think the WPT should have given JJ a break for 30mins-an hour if she needed it but postponing the tournament for a day or two would be ridiculous.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:03 PM

I wonder why Forrest didnt offer some sort of chop, of if he did and the WPT didnt allow it.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"yes, i can confirm that JJ was not feeling well during the match and was taken to the hospital afterward. i believe she's doing fine now, thanks for the concerns. i'm afraid i don't have any information other than that as of now."

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot make any statement that is not true.

Until J.J. and Dan decide to make a public statement, I cannot do what you have suggested.

Specifically, I cannot say or write "I believe that she is doing fine". That would be an opinion, not a fact.

There is no single "right" way to handle a crisis. There will obviously be different opinions on what or how everyone involved should have handled the situation.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:06 PM

Oliver: I find it completely hypocritical and inappropriate for you to ask this forum to THINK before posting. As someone who holds media credentials, you have repeatedly "reported" rumor and hearsay as fact, which is hardly professional. I can say that I know this first-hand because you have posted completely false things about me in the past, though I chose not to make an issue out of it at the time. It is completely different for a member of the media to post so-called "facts" than it is for forum members to state their personal opinions on controversial topics. You have zero credibility in my book and you do not deserve to hold a media badge.

That being said, I like JJ very much and wish her the best.

Evelyn