Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 06:34 PM

Default ugly payoff

Villain is 35/25/3 over 200, but i think i need him to be laggier to pay off this hard. fold big blind to steal is 38%.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 players)
MP folds, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises</font>, <font color="red">Hero caps</font>, BB calls

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB calls

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] (2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets</font>, Hero calls
Old 03-16-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: ugly payoff

I think preflop the cap is marginal but OK, I'm not sure if you think this is for value or just to maintain initiative. On the turn I would prefer to see you bet and give yourself a chance to fold out some hands that beat you like PP's below 88 that don't contain a diamond. If you get checkraised then fold, if called check behind on river. I think as played you have to fold this river.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:47 PM

versus a LAG your PF CAP sucks. call the 3-bet and make your money postflop.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:49 PM

Your flop bet is a bluff. Your river call is optomistic beyond belief. If you are going to put another bet into this pot (which I don't recommend), I would bet the turn as a bluff [and you still win those rare times he has a hand like KJo with a diamond].
Old 03-16-2007, 07:56 PM

Thats one of the worst calls I've seen in a while
Old 03-16-2007, 08:17 PM

I don't pay it and don't think it's that close.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your flop bet is a bluff. Your river call is optomistic beyond belief. If you are going to put another bet into this pot (which I don't recommend), I would bet the turn as a bluff [and you still win those rare times he has a hand like KJo with a diamond].

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-18-2007, 08:03 AM

wtf river call is fine hes not value betting 99 here his range has 15% bluffs easy holla
Old 03-18-2007, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to put another bet into this pot (which I don't recommend), I would bet the turn as a bluff [and you still win those rare times he has a hand like KJo with a diamond].

[/ QUOTE ]
this is totally backwards dude. when he calls flop hes either showing down or has a diamond. if hes showing down betting is bad. if he just has a flush draw u would rather check and have him lead the river so u save a bet if its a diamond. betting turn also lets someone megaown u with a worse hand

if i bet the turn its only if i think he can fold a pair with a diamond on the river
Old 03-18-2007, 08:21 AM

oh wait 99 made a set