Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 11:09 PM

Default standard?

Villian is a 53/7.4/1.22 after 60 hands

No notes, but i've only been at this table for 30 or so hands.

the pf call was bad, i wasn't payin attention b/c I was tryin to get other windows up, normally i'd fold AJs to someone with that range.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BTN: $83
SB: $32.4
BB: $48.65
UTG: $50.45
MP: $27.85
Hero (CO): $55.20

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.75, 6 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $1.75, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.25, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, UTG calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($10.25, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7.50</font>, UTG calls $7.50

<font color="black">River:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($25.25, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all in to $38.20</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $26.20 returned to UTG
Old 03-17-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: standard?

I think you need a very good read to fold this getting 3-1. What hands beat you? Only AA and JJ, I don't know if you can put 33 in his range when he only raises 7.4% of hands.

I would call and if he has it, it's just a standard cooler. If you were deeper, a fold might be right.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:49 AM

I am slightly drunk here, but I think that agg preflop, and passive until river usually indicates a huge hand. With only a 7.4% raise JJ/AA seems reasonable. He clearly isn't worried about the A so he has A6 or something at the least...but I think the fold is good. I usually pay off here because I play special-ed poker.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:49 AM

eh??? I don't get it. Basically you're behind AA and JJ with both being very unlikely or if he somehow turned or rivered a set.. my money goes in here.. I'd bet something like 20-22 on the river too.. so I'm way priced into a call and he can't even think he's going to push me off the hand.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:50 AM

I think your hand is somewhat hidden here, and you will see a lesser 2 pair here often enough to make this call.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:58 AM

Why is your preflop call bad? You have postion and a high suited two gapper. I think that the implied odds here if you hit a good draw make it worth the call.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:07 AM

Interesting. If the donk has a set pay him. I expect to see worse two pair here, sometimes even AK/AQ thinking they're being cute. Or who knows what.

I think we see that 7.4 and think pfr must be narrow for UTG. I think that's giving too much credit with only 60 hands. However, the 54 VPIP screams donk to me even over only 60 hands - so I pay the man off here.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:11 AM

Is your river bet to induce a bluff? If yes, congrats! I'm calling here on the river.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:28 PM

ok, thanks for all the responses.

I folded the river (obv). I had never seen villian pull any ridiculous bluffs so far. I *rarely* see non-maniac villians making river bluffs at 50NL, so I figure there was a really good chance villian c/r'd the river hoping for a call, since not many 50NL players are folding aces here. I guess villian could be doin this with AK ... but iono, the river crai seemed like a monster to me (or a complete bluff although less likely). I didn't think 3:1 odds were good enough to pay off ... especially since I can't think of any worse 2-pair hands in villian's range &amp; i'm highly skeptical villian would play AK like this.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:39 PM

I don't get it, the only hand I would be worried about is 33, and I don't even think that's in his opening range from UTG. Maybe he turned a set, but I'm not sure if he would call with 9s on a flop like that. It may be very possible he has AK, and he is putting you on a weaker ace. That being said, CALL.