Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: 200-400 During LAPC...Im such a donkey!!!!

I think Eric nailed it, especially the part about the game continuing thinking Nomar was too tight to win 3 handed. I've played tons with Roman and he is very solid about game selection, he must have thought this was an excellent spot to play.

-DeathDonkey
Old 03-17-2007, 12:05 AM

I'd find a better game preflop and once I had the misfortune of finding myself in this tough game I would c/f to the flop c/r. In some situations I'd donk the flop, but this flop has sb's name all over it after he coldcalled. If sb had folded flop I'd probably c/r it. Once you miraculously get there I fire a bet out super fast to make it look like you realized this is a marginally scary card to bluff.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Eric nailed it, especially the part about the game continuing thinking Nomar was too tight to win 3 handed. I've played tons with Roman and he is very solid about game selection, he must have thought this was an excellent spot to play.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure how nomar plays 3-handed (i would assume he's at least solid cuz he knows how to play poker), but i'd bet a lot of money that roman would have seen sang as the fish rather than nomar. the cold-calling every hand in the sb and checkraising every flop description seems to support this.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure how nomar plays 3-handed (i would assume he's at least solid cuz he knows how to play poker), but i'd bet a lot of money that roman would have seen sang as the fish rather than nomar. the cold-calling every hand in the sb and checkraising every flop description seems to support this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roman would probably need to think both opponents had flaws to play 3 handed 200/400, but I think you are probably right.

-DeathDonkey
Old 03-17-2007, 01:34 AM

btw was this the day roman bought in for $30k to impress his (i think) wife? if so, his normal game selection standards probably don't apply.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:48 AM

Roman always buys in for 3 racks for any game he plays. Not sure why but it wasn't to impress anyone and I wasn't even there.

-DeathDonkey
Old 03-17-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Roman always buys in for 3 racks for any game he plays. Not sure why but it wasn't to impress anyone and I wasn't even there.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

oh. my bad. i just thought 75BBs was a pretty ridiculous buyin.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw was this the day roman bought in for $30k to impress his (i think) wife? if so, his normal game selection standards probably don't apply.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the next day, and his wife was not there. He was telling us he won 25K the night before but he was stuck a lot today, and Sang was only playing until his ride to the airport arrived (like 5am) or something. So without another person this game had a definite ending in my mind as I am more comfortable 3 handed than headsup.

I am not doubting Roman may have thought I was too weak/tight to win in this game, but even a weak tight player makes a hand and Roman knows this.

I thought my flop 3 bet would make Sang fold most of his holdings, and since I had not been out of line (only showing down winners), I think I had enough of Roman's trust where I would not be called down by anything less than top pair. I was prepared to bet turn and river unimproved.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't like your line at all.

I fold the flop after the check-raise. Playing on seems just spewing. I don't think this is a good type of flop to make a play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand that logic. He has over 13 outs on the flop, probably the favorite. And this is three handed ! If you are going to fold hands like this in a 3-way game you should just sit out and wait for more players.

I like the way he played the hand.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:16 AM

Over 13 outs?? If he's lucky and his K is good he has 7 outs max.