Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Jman Mentors You

Cool idea.

However, is there a better way to settle the winner than a donkament? Jamn being a cash game player and all.

how bout somethign like: private 6 max tables, 4 tables per entrant, random seating draw, whatever stakes (50 or 100nl?), and have everyone play for 4 hours or something biggest winner or most impressive player by panel of judges takes the cheese?

only prob is it may encourage high variance play to try be biggest winner instead of solid play I dunno just a suggestion.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool idea.

However, is there a better way to settle the winner than a donkament? Jamn being a cash game player and all.

how bout somethign like: private 6 max tables, 4 tables per entrant, random seating draw, whatever stakes (50 or 100nl?), and have everyone play for 4 hours or something biggest winner or most impressive player by panel of judges takes the cheese?

only prob is it may encourage high variance play to try be biggest winner instead of solid play I dunno just a suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

A tourney is just 100x easier.

Stars finally got back to me and gave me the ability to make the event. However they kind of ignored my request to make it deepstacked and they don't give me the option of doing a freeroll.

I emailed back offering to pay for whatever rake they lost by making it a freeroll, and asked if they could make it deepstacked. We'll see.

If you're busto on stars like I usually am, start thinking of ways to get $5.50 in there. If we can't do a freeroll, we'll make it a charity event.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cool idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

A tourney is just 100x easier.

Stars finally got back to me and gave me the ability to make the event. However they kind of ignored my request to make it deepstacked and they don't give me the option of doing a freeroll.

I emailed back offering to pay for whatever rake they lost by making it a freeroll, and asked if they could make it deepstacked. We'll see.

If you're busto on stars like I usually am, start thinking of ways to get $5.50 in there. If we can't do a freeroll, we'll make it a charity event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:35 PM

Hmm what about doing it differently? There is like a prelimination. The Top 10 or Top20 of these players will change their Avatar and you've got a smaller circle.
Plus you might change the size of the "prize"pool depending on the amount of players who enter.
If 300 players compete then 5hours isn't that much anymore and you've got like 300ppl with your face as avatar.. If 5ppl play then the 5hours look extremely good..
I think this system should be renewed..