Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 01:38 AM

Default Re: 10/15 nl Tropicana AC

Problem is that you should not check the turn. Pot is 300. If you c/r, either of them will likely fold AK unless it is with the spade, and then they wont pay off the river if they miss their draw. I think you get much better value from betting 200 on the turn, and then 300-500 on the end if you are sure he has AK. Many players will fold w/o a big spade if they "put" you on a flush if you c/r the turn.

As played, c/r the turn to like 300 or so. I would want to throwup if the button then comes over the top there though, but thems the breaks. If you just call the turn, c/r a blank river. Same if the board pairs K or 2. If the board pairs 9, lead, and you will definately get called.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
omfg bet the turn.

that's now two hands from this game where people flop monsters and basically get 1/15 of a stack in over 2 streets. must be a great game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are on fire lately sir.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
omfg bet the turn.

that's now two hands from this game where people flop monsters and basically get 1/15 of a stack in over 2 streets. must be a great game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are on fire lately sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

am I making up for the other 232852813984829 people not (really) playing HSNL but posting terrible advice? plz say yes
Old 03-14-2007, 02:43 AM

stop being such a nit
Old 03-14-2007, 05:04 AM

The flop is fine, especially given your relative position to the preflop raiser, but on the turn I'd protect my hand and attempt to build a pot for my likely winner by betting 3/4s pot. Given that you checked again, a raise is in order and if the solid player comes alive you know he has a flush so play accordingly.

For those advocating raise given the current action, what do you do if the whale comes over the pot with a pot sized reraise? That's a pretty unlikely situation I suppose, since even if he does reraise he'll probably reraise light and he's very unlikely to be bet-three betting here but I think it is a point worth considering.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:46 PM

i lead turn for 3/4 pot and re-evaluate when met with resistance, as played i checkraise smallish on turn trying to build a pot/see where exactly i am in the hand. Check calling isn't awful and has its benefits as ur hand is so undefined and u want to keep both villians in hand, if effective button does have the nuts and u check/call board pairs on river he never checks behind and u can prob get sick value. brutal spot though, results?
Old 03-15-2007, 06:04 PM

i check raised turn to about 350, both players called. River was a blank and i bet out ~ 500, donkey called and button moved in, i folded, donkey called, button had the nuts. i was pretty sure of that when he flat called my check raise on the turn, not sure why he not shove, i assume he thought i had a lower flush and was drawing dead.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:24 PM

I thought you said button was solid.