Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Bankroll swings... and misses.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would post hands. Almost every time a player has a really bad swing its their play behind it. You always get beats, and sure sometimes you get way more, but you can have devestating swings if you start to pick up bad habits that you don't notice. Clearly you were doing well for a while, so its likely you changed your play slightly or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing it might be is that I got better at reading players so I was playing slightly more hands where I was 58-42, say, instead of folding those and waiting for the big hands where I'd be 75-25 or 80-20 or whatever. Maybe with a limited chip count, the value of folding those small advantages and waiting for a bigger % difference outweighs the fact that I'm throwing away the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a big leak in my game, i got good at reading players and kept getting my self in 60/40 situations when there is no need early in the 3'40s.

My tip would be to spend some of your bankroll on SNGIcons and BubbleTrainer if you have'nt already, this will help plug a lot of leaks in your game, it has mine.

But as others have said, I dont think a 50 buy in downswing is particularly unusual.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:51 PM

Seconded. I know I have to stay on top of my game, but it's nice to know it happens to others even when they're playing well.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My tip would be to spend some of your bankroll on SNGIcons and BubbleTrainer if you have'nt already, this will help plug a lot of leaks in your game, it has mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, thanks. I'd never even heard of those. Just googled them and they look pretty awesome.