Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wait, isn't locke on the list? didn't ben say he was one of the good guys, or was he just jerkin him around?

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought Ben specifically told him he's NOT on the list, which Mikhail corroborated. I could be remembering wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was on the list, and Ben was captured because he was coming to take Locke.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wait, isn't locke on the list? didn't ben say he was one of the good guys, or was he just jerkin him around?

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought Ben specifically told him he's NOT on the list, which Mikhail corroborated. I could be remembering wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was on the list, and Ben was captured because he was coming to take Locke.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep that is exactly what was said, the question is was it true or a lie
Old 03-15-2007, 02:51 PM

In the real world, wasn't Locke involved in various malfeasons? If so, and his injuries were a result of such, wouldn't it be feasible that his paralysis is psychosomatic or even faked?

Perhaps, now that he is trapped on an island where no one knows him or his past, he can live in peace - thereby attempting to sabatoge any hint of rescue or escape from the island.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:01 PM

What was the Ayn Rand book Sawyer was reading towards the end? I don't pay as much attention to the show the way some do on here, but that stood out to me. Just couldn't make out the title.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What was the Ayn Rand book Sawyer was reading towards the end? I don't pay as much attention to the show the way some do on here, but that stood out to me. Just couldn't make out the title.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Fountainhead
Old 03-15-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was The Fountainhead.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:09 PM

Kate's flawed, apparently. Some other chick who isn't is getting raped by Sawyer, and she's gonna love it.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was The Fountainhead.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I think we've seen that book on this show before, no? Is it always Sawyer reading it?

I've read The Fountainhead and I don't yet see its relevance to anything besides the mere fact that it is philosophy. Two obvious comparisons would be the love triangle and/or if Jack does anything to the Others encampment, but I don't really see it.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:16 PM

Thanks. Thought that may be it, but wasn't sure
Old 03-15-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've read The Fountainhead and I don't yet see its relevance to anything besides the mere fact that it is philosophy. Two obvious comparisons would be the love triangle and/or if Jack does anything to the Others encampment, but I don't really see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the Ayn Rand Institute... "Related to the theme is the relationship of the moral and the practical. Wynand and Dominique both believe that men of integrity have no chance to succeed in society, that only the corrupt make it to the top. Based on their view that men must choose between corrupt success and noble failure, they make different choices. Wynand opts for success by any means while Dominique chooses to pursue no values in a world in which success would require her to sell her soul. Roark, on the other hand, rejects the belief that men must make such a choice. He believes that morality and success stand in direct, not in inverse, proportion to each other, that success is achieved not by compromising one's soul but by remaining true to it. "

Also, The central conflict of the novel is the contrast of and conflict between first-handers (independent thinkers) and second-handers (dependent persons).