Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: 2-4 limit on stars.fish or not fish?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you play on stars? what about fulltilt limit games?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play a mixture of stars, FT, and UB.

I think that each site has a slightly different culture, and a different mix of players. There seem to be more maniacs on Full tilt, and UB seems to have a larger percentage of Weak Tight players. Stars probably has the largest group of Multitable grinders. You have to be able to adjust to the flavor of each game, and I think that playing on multiple sites, gives you the practice to do that, when the game which you are playing in changes character.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been looking for games on FT over last 3 weeks at 2/4 and always end up playing at Stars. The games seem really tight. Low VPIPS and avg pots around $18. Maybe its the times I play. I play while commuting on train so its early am (6'ishh) and early evening (5-6:30 ish) Eastern time.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:06 AM

I dunno if it's necessarily easier or not, but I always do better in the 3-6 games than the 2-4.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am predominantly a Stars limit player. I presently play 2/4 and have found these games to be much softer than 1/2. They are by no means easy, but I think you begin to see the recreational gambler at this level. The micros are chock full of 2+2 TA types. 2/4 seems to be the beginning of it opening up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way is 2/4 easier than 1/2...just compare the player/flop percentages and you'll notice right away. The main reason why there are more multi table grinders at 1/2 is because the games ARE easier. Perhaps it is because of the time of day that you play that the games seem softer. But in general, 1/2 is the easier game. Almost all small stakes FT ring games I've encountered are tight, and plus they play 9 handed, no?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:22 AM

what kind of money can these multi table 1-2 limit grinders average per week?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been looking for games on FT over last 3 weeks at 2/4 and always end up playing at Stars. The games seem really tight. Low VPIPS and avg pots around $18. Maybe its the times I play. I play while commuting on train so its early am (6'ishh) and early evening (5-6:30 ish) Eastern time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play a different time zone than you do, I'm playing 2-4 central time. I used to notice that at 2 am, the games seem pretty tight, and a little later they would loosen up. Just about the time californians got home from the bar. Coincidence [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]?