Old 03-15-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: 1st round Big Dance Picks.. EVERYBODY WELCOME

Eastern Kentucky +27½

NC is good, but they're not gonna cover that spread
Old 03-15-2007, 03:20 AM

Ohio State vs Central Conn St.

+21

Ohio State seems to always play down to the level of their competition. Example, 11point win vs purdue. 10point win vs Michigan, 4point win vs michigan, 8 point win at home vs penn state, 2point win vs penn state, 9point win vs michigan state, 9point win vs northwestern... the list goes on and on. They only cover the spread 60% of the time.

Central Conn St is not that bad of a team, averaging 78points per game in the last 9. I understand they haven't played anybody at all, but you have to think they will score vs ohio state. Big 10 basketball is over-rated to me in general. Its good defense with average offense. They will keep the game within 15 points in my opinion. You dont go from averaging almost 80 points per game, against a team who def. plays down to its level of competition, to getting blown out by 20. The biggest win OSU has this season as a matter of fact is 18 twice and 19 once, atleast against D1 schools.

Conn. st is also a above average 3point defending team, which is one of the strong points of OSU.

Prediction:

Ohio State 64
Central Conn. St 50
Old 03-15-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: 1st round Big Dance Picks.. EVERYBODY WELCOME THURSDAY GAMES ONLY

here is a list of my picks for Thursday. Alot of same reasons as others for the games. These are mainly games that I feel the spread is off and they have value.

Butler -1
Texas Tech +3
Gonzaga +1.5
Marquette +1.5
Davidson +7
Vandy -3.5
CenConn +21
louisville -5.5

all of these are 1 unit plays except Butler which is 2 units.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:32 AM

Gonzaga ML vs Indiana

First Gonzaga. They have beat tournament teams North Carolina, Texas, and Stanford all on the road. While the North Carolina and Texas were both neutral games even beating these teams at home would be an accomplishment. Gonzaga also lost a OT game to Memphis which showed that this team can play with good teams even without Heytvelt. Gonzaga has 4 players that shoot 40% from 3-point land and are a strong rebounding team.

Indiana is a team that's looking at this game as revenge for the outing Gonzaga gave them in the 2nd round of last years tourney. Indiana has beaten toruney teams Illinois, Michigan St., Wisconsin, and Purdue. However, these games were all at home. Indiana has beaten no one notworthy away from home. They have a poor road record(3-8) and mediocore neutral site record(2-2).

Some interesting stats:

FG%: Gonzaga-48.7%, Indiana-45.2%

Fg% against: Gonzaga-39.9%, Indiana-42.2

Gonzaga shoots a higher percentage while holding their opponents to less than 40% from the field. IMO if Gonzaga can control the pace of the game and shoot 45% from the field they will give Indiana a lot of trouble. Also, definately dont forget that the game is in Sacramento which is alot closer to Spokanne than it is to Indiana.

Gonzaga-73
Indiana-69

BTW Gonzaga is also a better free-throw shooting team which is crucial as all of you well know.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:55 AM

Teaser:
6$ to win 48$

Tech +7.5
L'Ville -1
Washington St -1.5
G'Town -12
Vandy +1.5
Pitt -4.5
Zaga +6.5
Old 03-15-2007, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Texas Tech +2.5
Over 136

Tech has held their own in the big12, going 9-7.They clean swept Texas A&M at home, and they held their own against Texas at home. They beat OU by 14, which was a solid team this season. They have been shooting pretty damn good from 3point line in the last 9games, shooting a whooping 45% in the last 7 games. Defending the 3 is one of BC's weak points. Tech's 3 starting guard's are shooting 44% from 3point line this season. Jarrius Jackson is a great leader for this team, and with Bob Knight on his side, I just dont see BC winning this game.

BC- Finished the season 2-5. Not the way you'd like to enter the big dance if you ask me. Only averaging 64 ppg during that 7game strech, and giving up 72. Like I said in my tech section, BC just cant play good defense. Dudley is a big factor in the game, but I think he can be shut down. Dudley and Rice are combined for 48% of the BC scoring, and I dont think you can win games like that when you dont have even scoring. BC is shooting 47% in their last 9 games, yet they still are playing horrible defense, and can't hit a 3 to save their life.

There are 3 X-Factors in this game, Jackson, Dudley, and Bob Knight. I will take Bob Knight as my coach any day of the week in the NCAA Tourney.

Prediction:

BC 69
Tech 76

[/ QUOTE ]

BC and Tex Tech are the two worst major conference teams in the tourne. I can't bring myself to bet on that game. Not hating on your pick, I'm just kinda bummed that the committee put them against one another instead of different opponents who could of disposed both of them.

One that I do like is Winthrop +4 vs ND. They should be favored. Not a knock on ND at all, as they are as good as they have been in years. Winthrop will be very hard to beat though, IMO.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:24 AM

Duke -6.5... Duke: 14-1 vs Non-Conference VCU: 0-5 SU vs ACC Since 1997.

Pitt -9.5... Wright State was winless in their games away from home against the top teams on their schedule. The Raiders lost at Bradley, LSU, and Butler, by 39, 26, and 31 points.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:58 AM

I like....
Indiana -1.5
BYU +2
BC -2.5
Butler -2
Maryland -7

And I like Oral Rob +6.5 alot
Old 03-15-2007, 10:29 AM

Louisville -6 damn bodog.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Re: 1st round Big Dance Picks.. EVERYBODY WELCOME THURSDAY GAMES ONLY

Penn and the points.

This is the most lopsided of the 14-3 matchups and ratings suggest the opposite side. 1st day of the NCAA tournament is for the unexpected. Also, since A&M will win this game, it's easy for them to look past it. Penn has flown under the radar, has a decent squad, new coach, etc. - so I expect there's a decent shot the game will be within 10 pts.