Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do Pokerstars Flops Scare the shit out of you?
Yes, RIGGED 14 33.33%
No, OP is a donk 28 66.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: The Phil Gordon-Erick Lindgren Incident on PAD

My comment is so important that I had to x-post it in both E-dog vs. Lindgren threads...consider it my Phil Gordon impression... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Some of E-dog's hositility has to stem from those comment PG made about E-dog playing incorrectly against him in tournaments (story and thread can be found on Negreanu's site).

PG comes off like that guy in high school that tries so, so hard to fit in w/the cool kids but only gets made fun of more as a result.

Also, I can tolerate self-depreciating humor but PG (like Jamie Gold on HSP) takes it to the realm of annoying and total transparency.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:46 PM

I'm pretty sure these episodes were recorded well before the article came out.

No crossposting from me, though! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2007, 12:09 AM

It's sad PG has no social skills but he tries so hard and his insecurity shines through. Someone hit it spot on when they said he's not trying to be an annoying dick but he just comes off that way, talking about what the guy who just got caught bluffing had is really poor etiquette PG should know that, but even with their "history" omGZ HE SAID I HAVE WEAKNESS IN MY GAME I think EL overreacted and came off looking worse than PG.

DN should have hired a publicist, not that it matters much anymore with poker on the way out, but it's impressive how much he was liked at first then slowly turned everyone against him.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:09 AM

PG is very hard to listen to. That little speech at the beginning made me puke in my mouth. EL said something like "how long did you spend thinking that up", perfect.
To me the whole thing was just a cool guy (EL) letting a retard have it and THANK GOD he did. It shut PG's ass up and made watching the show bearable. I honestly could not have listened to him jabber like a lonely teenager the whole show.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They're all just wanting attention/approval from Antonius and are acting like women to get it...so obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 03-15-2007, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PG is very hard to listen to. That little speech at the beginning made me puke in my mouth. EL said something like "how long did you spend thinking that up", perfect.
To me the whole thing was just a cool guy (EL) letting a retard have it and THANK GOD he did. It shut PG's ass up and made watching the show bearable. I honestly could not have listened to him jabber like a lonely teenager the whole show.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah.. Antonius and Ivey were just ignoring Gordon's awkward commenting all the time, but he kept going so EL stepped up and shut him up.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Phil G. to Patrick A. "what is it like to be the CHOSEN ONE...at what age did you know u were the ONE.." etc..

I almost had to change the channel on this line. What an embarrassing thing to say to another man. I have a man crush, please tell me how you became so super-duper?

If Phil is gonna spew nerdy rehearsed lines to be "mister personality" he runs the risk of being pummmeled by someone that don't wanna hear it. I'm glad Erick beotch slapped him.

[/ QUOTE ]

man, that exchange about the chosen one and the "surrounding myself with idiots" really threw me off...still, i'm thinking he is prolly a nice guy trying too hard to fit in than an actual douche...but who knows, he gets too much negative attention lately...
Old 03-15-2007, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Phil G. to Patrick A. "what is it like to be the CHOSEN ONE...at what age did you know u were the ONE.." etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all about delivery; if someone like Farha or Tony G said it then it would have been funny.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:25 PM

Erik might have been out of line, but this part made me laugh:

Phil Ivey: "I might need some cocktails."
Phil Gordon: "Order me whatever you get."
Erik: "You probably already know what he wants."
Old 03-15-2007, 04:34 PM

I noticed douche-signs previously but this week's PAD revealed the true douche that had only come out at times in the past. Case in point, on the first PAD with him, PG made what I thought was an inappropriate and insulting comment to the dealer when he was telling a joke. Something to the effect of "Shutup, you're not even miked".