Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2006, 04:48 AM

Default Review of PirayaPoker (B2B)

Ok, amidst the Party chaos, I decided to try out playing on the B2B-network. There are quite a few sites to choose from, and they all seem basically the same so I just decided on one that had a decent sign-up bonus - pirayapoker.com. (There seem to be a fair number of different sign-up codes floating about, including an ok one on the front page of the site (30% up to 100 Euro, 10x the bonus in raked hands). I'm not an affiliate, so pick your own code... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

First impression
First impression is that the B2B network isn't that big of a player, especially for me as a limit player. The table selection is fair during rush hours but the number of players online drops to just over a thousand at mornings European time.

The Games
The players seem to be mostly interested in no-limit games, and I'm not the best of judges in evaluating those games, but if some of the action I watched is anything to go by, there is a fair amount of lunatics milling about with lots of cash. The limit games are very very lucrative if you an find one at the level you want to play. The players mostly seem to think that they are still sitting at no-limit tables, especially at the max6 tables. Finding players pushing low pairs with three bets on the flop and raises on the turn wasn't difficult, and the opposition didn't seem to understand the huge value of good draws on the flop in limit. So while the games are a bit sparse, the action is very good, at least at the limit tables.

When it comes to other games than hold'em, Omaha High PL has quite a few players at this network, and there are games available even at odd hours.

Pirayapoker also has a game called "Soko" that is moderately popular. It seems to be some kind of 5-card stud game where 4-flushes and 4-straights also count (less than two pairs, but higher than one pair). Perhaps it is a Japanese game?

Reloads
Pirayapoker.com offered me a reload bonus less than one day after I deposited initially so I didn't have the money to try it. It was a good bonus (25%, 10x up to 100 Euro), though, but I think that I was just unlucky with the timing and that all Pirayaplayers were offered at that time. I don't know how frequent these reloads are.

The graphics
This was actually one of the reasons I chose pirayapoker.com over for example Martin's or one of the other b2b sites. Although the colours might not be to everyone's taste, I found the blues and greens of this site to be very crisp and easy to read. (This is one of the reasons that I like Absolute were you can download lots of different skins from the site).

Test of the support
I emailed the support some questions regarding NETeller deposits, once at noon GMT and once at midnight GMT. Both questions were answered within the hour and seemed to be correct.

Money
The b2b network uses the Euro, exclusively, but I didn't have any problems depositing from NETeller using USD. I haven't withdrawn yet, so I can't give any specific about the time.

Overall
Pirayapoker.com seems to be a Japanese venture, with lots of Japanese text in the lobby explaining terms and stuff.

I like the poker client, and the action is very good when you can find it. It is obviously not a party-replacement, but if the network grows there is a lot of potential.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Review of PirayaPoker (B2B)

Oh yeah, for those that don't know it - all B2B-sites (including pirayapoker.com) are compatible with pokertracker.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:50 AM

I frickin love B2B. Thanks.

They also have the standard B2B referral bonus of 50 for the referrer and 25 for the referree once the referree gets 200 VIPs.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:15 AM

Martins poker had a 100% 600 euro bonus for 3k rakes hands. You could even do reload bonuses at the same time. THat was in Dec/Jan, you might want to check on it.

I agree with your limit holdem analysis
Old 02-18-2006, 09:20 AM

The Martins sign up bonus is 5x, the reloads were 3x. Read the threads at BW on it because some of the reloads expired.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:27 PM

Saw those as well, but I really don't like Martin's tables - it is so difficult to see what is happening with all those dark colours.