Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 09:11 PM

Default i am captain spew

villain is 35/25/4 after 75, once he 3bet me with AT and 3bet my c/r of a KQx flop.

Full Tilt Poker
$3/$6 Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $6</font>, BTN folds, SB folds, Hero calls $3

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($9, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $3</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $9</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>, CO calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($33, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $12</font>, Hero calls $6

<font color="black">River:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($57, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6
Old 03-14-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: i am captain spew

yes, yes you are.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:42 PM

Calldown from the flop 3 bet.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calldown from the flop 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep
Old 03-14-2007, 10:29 PM

I don't think the flop cap is as bad as the previous posters are making it out to be, but only because this guy is going to auto 3-bet a lot of worse hands on the flop. Against an unknown or someone who doesn't 3bet the flop lightly, just call down from the 3bet. Note that I wouldn't cap the flop every hand, but it would definitely be in the repertoire.

On the turn, I'm obviously biased by seeing him raise, but that's also a really crappy card in that it hits a lot of the hands he might 3bet with, and will likely give him a draw. I'd be tempted to just c/c down from the turn, but I'm not really sure.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:55 PM

Yeah I cap the flop all day vs. an unknown much less this retard.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:33 AM

I cannot decide what to do because I saw the turn. When he 3-bet a gutshot did he bet turn and riv UI?
Old 03-15-2007, 02:39 AM

any reads how he plays the Turn and the River?
Old 03-15-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
any reads how he plays the Turn and the River?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unknown. last time he hit his card on the turn, so obv he bet that. i imagine he would barrel the turn UI, and not the river, but who knows.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:11 AM

hmmm i think you cann make a crying call on this River, i have a feeling he got AJ, normally you should fold the Turn after he bets into your cap also i wouldnt make a cap on the Flop and just calling down until the boards gets too ugly because im not so good to know when i can cap and when not, obv against a maniac i cap all day and call this down after his Turn bet as fast as i can but this guy seems kind of reasonable so i think this cap doesnt make you money in the long run(-: