Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Poker After Dark discussion thread (week of 3/12)

Tilly's breasts are a tell, and I'm being completely serious. As mentioned, her breathing was super-obvious in a few pots
Old 03-15-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When she checked the turn, I thought it was a move. When she check the river, I like all the players at the table, was dumbfounded. It was, maybe, the worst play I’ve seen on TV poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree - how about the hand where victor ramdin chased the str8 on a trips board vs 3 opponents then bets when he makes it.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:18 AM

worst play made on TV was a circuit event where the amateur guy folded a set of tens on the flop. Ivey was at that table too. And Ivey had similar expression when the guy told him he folded a set.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
worst play made on TV was a circuit event where the amateur guy folded a set of tens on the flop. Ivey was at that table too. And Ivey had similar expression when the guy told him he folded a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was on the turn.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tilly's breasts are a tell, and I'm being completely serious. As mentioned, her breathing was super-obvious in a few pots

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth.

She stills plays like a donk though. There was no reason to overbet the pot with a middle pair + straight draw there. She had enough chips to play post flop. Shoving there is amateurish.

Also betting/calling down to the river, then folding when getting better than 4:1 on your money was not great either. If she was just going to do that from the beginning, it would have been best not to play the hand at all.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
-Everytime Ivey and PA were in a hand vs. each other it was like "oh baby!". Just so highly anticipated...

[/ QUOTE ]

has anyone else been kinda weirded out by how PA has played this episode? lots of limp-calling, playing hands kind of weird postflop. i wonder if like being on tv playing kinda sketchy is worth more for him in metagame terms than the 120k that they are playing for.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:39 AM

Just when I thought that Tilly may not be as donkeyish as she looks, she engages in a contest with Phil Gordon over who could play the hand worse. What was the point of betting on the turn if you were going to just make the pot large before running away from it at 4:1 odds? Maybe she didn't think that Phil could pull the same bluff again, and that he wouldn't pot commit them both on a bluff, who knows?
Old 03-15-2007, 08:49 AM

Is Antonius receiving transmissions through an ear piece?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Antonius receiving transmissions through an ear piece?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your question will be answered on the show. Keep watching.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Everytime Ivey and PA were in a hand vs. each other it was like "oh baby!". Just so highly anticipated...

[/ QUOTE ]

has anyone else been kinda weirded out by how PA has played this episode? lots of limp-calling, playing hands kind of weird postflop. i wonder if like being on tv playing kinda sketchy is worth more for him in metagame terms than the 120k that they are playing for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else weirded out by his call with the OESD with J-10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? He said he had her on a pair of nines (she had an 8), so he also thought he had outs with Jacks and tens....but, didn't he have to calculate that he was losing outs to any club? So, he's figuring that a 7, Q, J, or 10 gives him the pot, but he's also losing (at least) four outs. That was a very, very strange call.