Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Baby Dougie laydown? live 20

honestly i dont think joe would c/r KT or a flush draw here, he just doesnt play like that in my experience. i could be corrected here if he likes.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
honestly i dont think joe would c/r KT or a flush draw here, he just doesnt play like that in my experience. i could be corrected here if he likes.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would hope to god hes c/r the NFD or even K high FD in that spot.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:19 AM

Dark bet here on the river makes no sense, given that if he has the nuts with T9 on the turn, half of the deck kills him on the river since he's could be losing to a flush or a full house. In fact, I don't see what hand he could be dark betting here. However, it seems more like weakness than strength to me, and I am not folding a set in a pot this huge. Also, how suicidial is capping the turn here and checking behind the river if you don't fill up? I think it can help eliminate draws and make folding the river easier if lead into...
Old 03-15-2007, 12:23 AM

I think capping the turn and checking behind river would be pretty retarted because if he checks to us on the river we win and need to collect some more money.

I completely agree with his dark check smelling bad here though.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think Joe would check/raise KT here since that would be a bad play IMO and I know Joe doesnt like making bad plays, so we can rule that out. So it comes down to how Joe would play a FD or a Combo FD.

JT if youre out there would you check/riase the flop in this spot with a FD? Would you lead the turn UI if you had C/R?

BTW, If you dont think Joe will check/raise a draw on the flop then you probably shouldnt raise the turn becuz your hand is almost worthless in this scenario. In that scenario, I would just call the turn hoping to outdraw a hand like QJ, or hoping my read is somehow wrong. It may seem weak, but if Joe is unlikely to have a draw here, then your hand is not worth protecting with a turn raise.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:36 AM

"if Joe is unlikely to have a draw here, then your hand is not worth protecting with a turn raise."

i agree. i didnt like the turn raise when i was deciding on it in my mind and i didnt like the result either. it was a definite mistake.

i would c/r any flush draw here on the flop because while these people play passively and would just call w/ a flush draw usually they will also peel that flop w/ many unbelievably retarded hands, so you gain more by jamming the pot a(and potentially getting a free card on the turn) then you do by playing passive and saving money the rare times youre against a bigger fd. same for KT although a lot more debatable.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would hope to god hes c/r the NFD or even K high FD in that spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG easily.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
JT if youre out there would you check/riase the flop in this spot with a FD?

[/ QUOTE ]

How could I not? W/a stong flush draw, this is a silly question w/all those callers. I could see a baby flush calling but that's it.

[ QUOTE ]
Would you lead the turn UI if you had C/R?

[/ QUOTE ]

This, I am not going to answer. I play with a few in this thread and it's just plain tough to answer as I don't know what my actual hand FD hand is.