Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Breaking News!!! Big Steve & a WOMAN?!?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I personally think we should ban links to myspace on 2p2. Can this be done?

[/ QUOTE ]

how about all blogs, personal webpages, emails, pictures, and espn.com?

[/ QUOTE ]

why take away pictures? As long as you cant trace them back to myspace or where ever, is there a problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

he was being sarcastic
Old 03-14-2007, 07:21 PM

posting peoples blogs, personal webpages and emails always cause problems though when they are unaware. Generally gets the OP in trouble with the person in real life and freaks out the 3rd party.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
posting peoples blogs, personal webpages and emails always cause problems though when they are unaware. Generally gets the OP in trouble with the person in real life and freaks out the 3rd party.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how banning the above would hamper user enjoyment of this forum.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I personally think we should ban links to myspace on 2p2. Can this be done?

[/ QUOTE ]

how about all blogs, personal webpages, emails, pictures, and espn.com?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about we just make it a policy that anyone who posts this crap gets banned so we don't have to worry about where the link comes from?

You wanna talk about your personal life? Fine. You want to talk about someone in your personal life? Fine as long as it cannot be traced back to an individual. You wanna hurt someones life by outing them in the forum even if they are so far removed it doesn't affect anyone else on 2+2? IP ban. You wanna show photos of all the girls you nailed? Without their permission, it shouldn't be allowed. Anonymity doesn't exist, lets quit kidding ourselves - someone always figures out who the chick in the photo is.

Seriously... why are we even having this discussion? 2+2 is a company, not a not-for-profit forum run from someone's garage. Make it a policy, post a sticky, and enforce it so we never have to debate this again.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:37 PM

TT myspace is a hugely popular and widely known website in which people voluntarily make pictures of themselves public, allow anyone with an account to contact them and write other personal information. myspace users are also able to block people and make their page private. all pages also come with a publically available address for external linking. how about we stop pretending we are protecting orphans, join the 21st century and stop worrying about this. people who join myspace have accepted a certain level or risk and given up a certain level of privacy.

if we want to move certain threads which a mod is uncomfortable with then that's fine but banning on linking to myspace is beyond ridiculous.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT myspace is a hugely popular and widely known website in which people voluntarily make pictures of themselves public, allow anyone with an account to contact them and write other personal information. myspace users are also able to block people and make their page private. all pages also come with a publically available address for external linking. how about we stop pretending we are protecting orphans, join the 21st century and stop worrying about this. people who join myspace have accepted a certain level or risk and given up a certain level of privacy.

if we want to move certain threads which a mod is uncomfortable with then that's fine but banning on linking to myspace is beyond ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not talking about banning on links to MySpace, I'm talking about banning links to anything including myspace which infringes upon someone else's privacy if they are not a willing party to the conversation. Wanna show a picture of a hot girl on myspace? thats ok. Wanna show a picture of a girl you nailed last night? Banned. 2+2 shouldn't strive to become Neverwin where anything goes, we should be the be all and end all authority on poker, not the neighbor's girlfriend who I want to [censored].
Old 03-14-2007, 08:31 PM

TT,

I could make a strong argument either way here. I don't really care which way Mason/Mat/Ryan rule.

However, I think that the best answer on this topic is one that minimizes subjectivity in modding decisions regarding this type of stuff.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:40 PM

TT,

ok my misunderstanding. I can live with that, although still don't really like it
Old 03-14-2007, 09:14 PM

what's your preference?