Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Weird AQ line 3bet pre

[ QUOTE ]
All-in-all, your post that says "check flop, value bet river" is less than worthless. You are better of not posting anything at all and letting people think for themselves about how and why a hand should be played a certain way. Even if "check flop, value bet river" is correct, if someone reads it and doesn't know why, they can easily mis-apply that line because they don't recognize the situation that it was correct in.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have noticed this on about 99% of his posts...
Old 03-14-2007, 04:11 PM

value bet river
Old 03-14-2007, 04:43 PM

I've given this some more thought. I think i prefer a flat call preflop, but this is opponent dependant.

As play though, i think if your 3 betting him then you should bet this flop, which you did.

The turn check is fine.

The river is interesting though, even though you have 2 pair, i think its a c/c or a c/f river. The reason for this is that there are no hands that are calling the river that you beat. If you bet and he has a middleish pocket pair like 88-JJ then he is folding, AK folds the flop, flush, sets, and straights have you beat. I like c/f river the most since flush hit, and hes not betting 88-JJ which would be primarily what i put him on. If you do decide to call, by checking the river to him you give him a chance to bluff at least.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All-in-all, your post that says "check flop, value bet river" is less than worthless. You are better of not posting anything at all and letting people think for themselves about how and why a hand should be played a certain way. Even if "check flop, value bet river" is correct, if someone reads it and doesn't know why, they can easily mis-apply that line because they don't recognize the situation that it was correct in.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have noticed this on about 99% of 2+2's posts...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a problem with a lot of people.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have noticed this on about 99% of 2+2's posts...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a problem with a lot of people.

[/ QUOTE ]sorry for encouraging you to think for yourselves...if you have questions on my line of thought you can ask.

Anyway, good analysis/math, but I think youre making a couple mistakes. First, this IS a 3-bet flop, so discounting AA/KK at all from an UTG raiser is bad imo.

I dont see a better hand other than AQ/AK folding to our flop bet, and even then you might get floated a bunch. Take into account that RIO is huge here if he does have QQ+, and I think a bet on a flop of this texture is -EV.

Feel free to argue or ask questions...that is why we are here after all.

Ryanb- your post added TONS of info, thanks.