Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2006, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Speed NL Hold em SNGs are up

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. No one yet knows how to play, take advantage of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am the 'No one'...-17%ROI @$11 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2006, 01:55 AM

anyone have a suggestion for a more soothing beep to replace there beep file with?
Old 02-18-2006, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4. Obviously most of them have absolutely no idea what to do when the blinds are 1/5 of their stack. They limp and fold to a raise, they minraise and fold to a flopminbet. And only very few of them push anything. But (and that is really great) they fold way way way too often when someone else pushes. You can literally push any two from any position with positive expectation .

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent experienced this. Im getting called all the time. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Variance I guess.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
4. Obviously most of them have absolutely no idea what to do when the blinds are 1/5 of their stack. They limp and fold to a raise, they minraise and fold to a flopminbet. And only very few of them push anything. But (and that is really great) they fold way way way too often when someone else pushes. You can literally push any two from any position with positive expectation .

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent experienced this. Im getting called all the time. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Variance I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm seeing this a lot too. Especially when the blinds suddenly jump to 200/400, you have a ~3x stack on either the button or SB, you push top 50% and the BB comes along for the ride with total junk or close to it.

wtf?
Old 02-18-2006, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience so far would confirm this view, particularly when my stack is somewhat smaller than theirs.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:49 AM

I just made a push 3 handed where (blinds t400/t800)I had about t10000..i pushed into t7000 with J8o with a t3000 stack behind him, and t7000 called with K2o..I guess I shouldn't be surprised...the boysss ah krazyyyyyyy
Old 02-18-2006, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, wtf is up with the sickly small antes? good job party!

[/ QUOTE ]

blinds 400/800, ante is 25. WTF Party?! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing since it's new, they wanted to ease them in?

[/ QUOTE ]

As some other mentioned in other threads, the whole structure is just Party's cheap copy of Stars, who also has antes late in SNGs.

Not complaining at all of course, I think we are all going to love this new structure, especially the next couple months til the fishies begin to understand the adjustments they need to make. Not that many will ever grasp it.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:21 AM

My prediction from yesterday pretty much hit the mark:

"My prediction:

Well the good news is that at the turbos under the new structure you'll start the push fest the latest after 20 minutes whereas it took about 30 (edit: about 25 minutes seems more correct) minutes under the old structure. So I expect the turbos to actually be a bit faster than the old structure.

Less hands will be played at the starting limits. More hands will be played at the push limits.

The bad news could be that if you have only 8 secs to act 10-tabling could become quite a challenge.

It remains to be seen how many will play the turbos and how many will play the 10 min trnys. If Stars is an indication the majority will play the turbos.

The appeal to the average gambler will be higher because the blinds relative to the starting chips will initially rise faster per minute. No more slow/ boring first 2-3 levels.

All in all potentially a good move for us.

Push away! "
Old 02-18-2006, 03:35 AM

I'm reallly bad at these. I'm gonna stick with regular length ones for now.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:48 AM

Forgive me but is the timebank the same. I asked and someone said it was, but it was also said that you have like zero time everywhere and were timing out nonstop. Is that because you werent able to press the timebank in time?