Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Employee is (probably) stealing- now what?

Tell her she gets to work from home with no pay.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:32 PM

So how many cameras can I put you down for?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:33 PM

in a small business, sending $1,000+ dollars on security to prevent $100 worth of theft is not worth it imo.

Fire her and hire someone you can trust.

Rinse & repeat.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in a small business, sending $1,000+ dollars on security to prevent $100 worth of theft is not worth it imo.

Rinse & repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand how you guys dont realize that it isnt 100$ worth of theft. do you guys think that once an employee steals 100$ they arent going to steal anymore? Even if you do fire her, you are going to have to hire someone new, and obviously, even if you are a great judge of character, no one is 100% reliable, over time, 100$ here and 100$ there add up.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Rinse & repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Until you've done this 10 times, and then sit back and reevaluate your decision...
Old 03-14-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rinse & repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Until you've done this 10 times, and then sit back and reevaluate your decision...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather go through the hiring process 10 times to find a trust worthy candidate then to have cameras installed for this reason alone.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rinse & repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather go through the hiring process 10 times to find a trust worthy candidate then to have cameras installed for this reason alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont ever own a small business.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rinse & repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont ever own a small business.

[/ QUOTE ]

in a small business, it is even more important to have trust worthy employees so that your slim profit margin is not eaten alive by the security system installer.

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2007, 12:50 PM

It us much much easier and cheaper to install a camera system than to try and hire trustworthy employees in a retail enviroment (assuming you can find enough of them). The time you spend hiring, firing, interviewing your 10 employees, is going to cost a lot more than someone with half a brain that uses the time to just install a security system so he can focus on other areas of business improvements. you are 100% wrong on this, and I doubt you have any small business experience so why do you act like an authority on the subject?

PS: if you really did own a business, and if your real life personality is anything like you post, your employees are going to enjoy robbing you blind and I wouldnt blame them.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It us much much easier and cheaper to install a camera system than to try and hire trustworthy employees in a retail enviroment (assuming you can find enough of them). The time you spend hiring, firing, interviewing your 10 employees, is going to cost a lot more than someone with half a brain that uses the time to just install a security system so he can focus on other areas of business improvements. you are 100% wrong on this, and I doubt you have any small business experience so why do you act like an authority on the subject?

[/ QUOTE ]

That time I spend finding the 'right person' will pay me dividends 10-fold in the form of loyality, retention and recommendations of future trust-worth employee's.

I am willing to make this investment over some chunk of metal that will 'scare people' into doing the right thing.

Why would somebody want to work in a small shop with people they do not trust and feel the need to record their actions?

[ QUOTE ]
you are 100% wrong on this, and I doubt you have any small business experience so why do you act like an authority on the subject?

[/ QUOTE ]

don't start with me, i've had limited coffee this morning.