Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: I choked today on a piece of steak

X you are seriously stupid sometimes.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure it is still stuck in your throat? It could just be irritation/inflamation from when it got stuck and started choking.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-13-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
X you are seriously stupid sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would imply that there are times that he isn't seriously stupid.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:12 AM

Agree w/previous posters that you should suck it up and go to the ER, especially if it feels like it keeps "coming back up".

And just a PSA for everyone else--if you're choking in a public place, please don't go to the bathroom so you can choke "in private"...there are plenty of stories out there about people who did this and died right there in the bathroom because there was no one there to help. Get Heimliched and deal with the embarrassment of launching a saliva-covered chunk of beef into some chick's hair across the room.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:44 AM

This happened to me when I was in 8th grade (Im 22 now).

It was also a piece of steak that I was eating in a hurry. I was gonna be late for a basketball game. I didnt chew it well enough and it got caught in my esophagus. Our neighbor back then was an EMT so he came over and checked me out and said that I should go to the ER. I just kept hacking up water that I drank to try to wash it down and i was hacking up spit every couple minutes too.

They put me under with demarol at the hospital and used an endoscope to push the steak into my stomach. It was really simple.

We won the basketball game.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK...I was the one who suggested the ER. I know what you mean about those places...they suck! You can sit for hours before getting treated. It's just that the lining of the esophagus is much more delicate than say, the stomach lining, and it gets easily irritated/eroded. Wouldn't want to see it get a hole in it. Good luck anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. This is actually what caused me to choke; I have really bad acid reflux and have since I was pretty young. It caused my esophagus to narrow pretty severely, partly due to the formation of scar tissue. I'm probably going to develop Barrett esophagus later in life, which unfortunately is a tremendously high precursor for adenocarcinoma of the esophagus. I cant really eat any solid food without having a drink to wash it down anymore. Otherwise I get panic attacks because I start to choke/have to let peristalsis move the food into my stomach.

Like I said this isn't a result of me choking, but rather was part of the cause (along with not chewing sufficiently). Either way, you don't want to play around with this. Get the problem solved if you haven't already.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Hospital Update

For those that care and those that think I am dumb or whatever I went to the ER last night and they tried to get me to throw it up 2 times which didnt work so they had to put me under and go in with a scope and get it out. They said it was a pretty big hunk of meat. I am just glad that I can actually drink stuff again but my whole body is sore this morning. Thanks for giving me some support and pushing me to go to the hospital.

X
Old 03-14-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Hospital Update

X,

[ QUOTE ]
For those that care

[/ QUOTE ]
You know we care. You've been acting like a chick on the rag all week. Stop it.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
X,

[ QUOTE ]
For those that care

[/ QUOTE ]
You know we care. You've been acting like a chick on the rag all week. Stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]
...acting? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those that care and those that think I am dumb or whatever I went to the ER last night and they tried to get me to throw it up 2 times which didnt work so they had to put me under and go in with a scope and get it out. They said it was a pretty big hunk of meat. I am just glad that I can actually drink stuff again but my whole body is sore this morning. Thanks for giving me some support and pushing me to go to the hospital.

X

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you going to try and kill yourself today?

Do you think it's a little weird that you needed to talk to some people on an internet message board to be pushed to go to the hospital?

Personally I think this is all BS but if it's true... yikes.