Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do Pokerstars Flops Scare the shit out of you?
Yes, RIGGED 14 33.33%
No, OP is a donk 28 66.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: The Phil Gordon-Erick Lindgren Incident on PAD

[ QUOTE ]
I was so surpised mainly by the way Daniel Negreanu was acting to comments Phil made on Erick in a mag, Daniel was being a total douchebag. He was acting like Phil was some noname [censored] who has had no success at all at poker and doesnt know anything. DN was being a [censored] for sure, and he used to be one fo my fav players, respect def went down after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no doubt this runs deeper than anything that we saw specifically. it looked to me like (nearly all speculation based on the facts before us):
<ul type="square">[*]gordon had been encouraged by the producers to be chatty (the way jamie gold was onscreen by shana) [*]lindgren and ivey were tired of PG's routine before it even started [*]lindgren made an effort to embarass PG on tv[*]this incident is connected to PG's column (whether it was published before or after)[*]most of the above is a result of long-standing grudges between PG and the FTP pros (b/c someone doesn't like someone, for whatever reason)[/list]
that's what it looks like to me, anyhow. i've seen lindgren on tv as much as anyone (except maybe DN), and never seen him act that way before. how could this incident be an isolated incident without any sort of back-story?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:12 PM

does anyone have a link to when phil gordon was on blind date?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ][*]gordon had been encouraged by the producers to be chatty (the way jamie gold was onscreen by shana)

[/ QUOTE ]

No one player is encouraged more than another to be "talkative." Jamie Gold was encouraged by Shana just to liven things up a bit. The players who are talkative on TV are usually talkative in real-life. Mike Matusow and Daniel Negreanu don't suddenly become talkative when the cameras start rolling. Similarly, Phil Ivey doesn't chat it up when he's on TV - he maintains the same personality.

[ QUOTE ][*]lindgren made an effort to embarass PG on tv

[/ QUOTE ]

This is most likely true. He also could've been frustrated that Antonius made a play on the flop, got lucky on the turn, and then made a great call on the river.

[ QUOTE ][*]this incident is connected to PG's column (whether it was published before or after)

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. How could Lindgren's comment be connected to the column if the column came AFTER the taping?

[ QUOTE ]
most of the above is a result of long-standing grudges between PG and the FTP pros (b/c someone doesn't like someone, for whatever reason)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is total speculation and is probably untrue. Lindgren and Ivey's (and Negreanu's) disdain for Gordon has nothing to do with their Full Tilt allegiance (particularly since Negreanu is affiliated with FCP) and everything to do with Gordon as a person. Look at the people on this board. 90% think Gordon is a tool. No one on this board is repped by Full Tilt.

The way I see it, you're 1 for 4. That's not particularly good.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was so surpised mainly by the way Daniel Negreanu was acting to comments Phil made on Erick in a mag, Daniel was being a total douchebag. He was acting like Phil was some noname [censored] who has had no success at all at poker and doesnt know anything. DN was being a [censored] for sure, and he used to be one fo my fav players, respect def went down after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no doubt this runs deeper than anything that we saw specifically. it looked to me like (nearly all speculation based on the facts before us):
<ul type="square">[*]gordon had been encouraged by the producers to be chatty (the way jamie gold was onscreen by shana) [*]lindgren and ivey were tired of PG's routine before it even started [*]lindgren made an effort to embarass PG on tv[*]this incident is connected to PG's column (whether it was published before or after)[*]most of the above is a result of long-standing grudges between PG and the FTP pros (b/c someone doesn't like someone, for whatever reason)[/list]
that's what it looks like to me, anyhow. i've seen lindgren on tv as much as anyone (except maybe DN), and never seen him act that way before. how could this incident be an isolated incident without any sort of back-story?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good point however I dont know where you got the idea ivery was annoyed by gordon, I never picked up on that.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He also could've been frustrated that Antonius made a play on the flop, got lucky on the turn, and then made a great call on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt Lindgren cared much about getting caught bluffing, but more so that Gordon instantly rubbed it in and seemed to revel in the fact that Antonius outplayed Lindgren in the hand.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt Lindgren cared much about getting caught bluffing, but more so that Gordon instantly rubbed it in and seemed to revel in the fact that Antonius outplayed Lindgren in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding, ding, winner. And, for the record, PG is a pompous douche bag.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Lindgren just likes picking on nerds, and he does it well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a nerd, and he's always been extremely nice to me.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:14 AM

The real travesty here is that Phil Gordon has all those millions of $$$ from some lame internet company. There is no god.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

No one player is encouraged more than another to be "talkative." Jamie Gold was encouraged by Shana just to liven things up a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

no one! ...except jamie gold. and that's how i'm sure PG wasn't encouraged... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. How could Lindgren's comment be connected to the column if the column came AFTER the taping?

[/ QUOTE ]
well, cause and effect depends on what comes first. this game could have something to do with why phil gordon wrote the column, duh, which could have resulted in DN's crushing PG, and so forth. surely you see that possibility.

[ QUOTE ]

This is total speculation and is probably untrue. Lindgren and Ivey's (and Negreanu's) disdain for Gordon has nothing to do with their Full Tilt allegiance (particularly since Negreanu is affiliated with FCP) and everything to do with Gordon as a person.

[/ QUOTE ]
i said i was speculating. also, i said it had something to do with people not liking each other. so we agree.

[ QUOTE ]

The way I see it, you're 1 for 4. That's not particularly good.

[/ QUOTE ]
man, you sure did zing me!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That is a good point however I dont know where you got the idea ivery was annoyed by gordon, I never picked up on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

he and lindgren would look at each other and make faces every time PG did something douchey. ivey is just too pimp to address it the way EL did, i guess.