Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 04:16 AM

Default Standard Vegas Question

Will be 21 this summer, headed out to vegas, playing mostly higher limit games so the bellagio seems like the smart choice. If im going to only be playing poker is staying at the bellag with the poker rate (220 on the weekends, sigh...) worth it, or would you guys nit it up and stay somewhere cheaper and commute to the bellagio everyday.

110 a night doesnt really bother me if i have one other person staying with me i guess, is the convenience really worth it?

I'll probably be out there for like 2 or 3 weeks during the series.

So during that time (peak for vegas) \
a. are those poker rates still available
b. It says they are based on like 6 hours of play (easy), but say you dont play there one day to play a WSOP event, would that stop you from receiving the poker rate or is it average? or even very lenient (not actually 6 hour average required)

I know im a noob, but many of you have done this once or twice, looking for some advice.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Standard Vegas Question

I am not a fan of $200 hotel rooms. Gimme a clean bed, an AC, and a bathroom with working hot water and I'm pretty happy. I also wouldn't want to have to play 6 hours a day in one spot just to get a poker rate. FAR more fun to be able to flit around. I'd pick Ballys, Flamingo, Harrah's, or even IP (in approximately that order--Bally's is the best location for accessing Bellagio, and Flamingo is fine as well. IP and Harrah's are a bit farther away and IP is the bottom of the quality line for major center-strip properties.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:56 AM

what he said
Old 03-13-2007, 10:38 AM

Well the thing is you want to play higher limit games, so staying somewhere else to get a poker rate, having to play 6 hours at the other place, and after that hoofing it to the Bellagio doesn't make a lot of sense. I see 2 major options. Stay someplace within walking distance where you can get a really cheap rate without having to play poker (there is even a Travelodge nearby on the strip if I recall), or stay at the Bellagio and get the poker rate there.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well the thing is you want to play higher limit games, so staying somewhere else to get a poker rate, having to play 6 hours at the other place, and after that hoofing it to the Bellagio doesn't make a lot of sense. I see 2 major options. Stay someplace within walking distance where you can get a really cheap rate without having to play poker (there is even a Travelodge nearby on the strip if I recall), or stay at the Bellagio and get the poker rate there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the implication -- and someone can correct me if I am wrong -- is that you could pay far less than $200 per night at the other locations and not be required to play 6 hours of poker (or possibly any hours) at those places to earn it... sacrifice the appearance of luxury at the Bellagio for the freedom of movement.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:14 AM

bellagio is the only option.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:46 PM

well i will be playing high limit games primarily... and they pretty much only run run consistently at the bellagio (if im not mistaken...) and the 6 hours a day isnt a big deal, ill put that in easily when im in vegas.

i think the bellagio is probably the best option 200 a night 2 ways isnt bad.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:49 PM

Bellagio never check poker rate hours anyway.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:53 PM

During the tournament the Rio will have big games too. If you intend to play a lot at the Bellagio you really should stay there - its very convenient and they will call your room when your seat is open - if you play 100/200 this is huge because the list will be like 40 names long during the WSOP and it will take hours for you to get a seat.

-DeathDonkey
Old 03-13-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the implication -- and someone can correct me if I am wrong -- is that you could pay far less than $200 per night at the other locations and not be required to play 6 hours of poker (or possibly any hours) at those places to earn it... sacrifice the appearance of luxury at the Bellagio for the freedom of movement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence my comment "Stay someplace within walking distance where you can get a really cheap rate without having to play poker"