Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2006, 05:25 PM

Default Friends reraising and the check down?

Does this bother anyone else. The other night 4-8 limit. Two obvious friends who thought they were pros and waiting for 6-12, so our low limits meant nothing did this over and over. Theyd get a cap preflop and if anyone stayed in theyd cap flop to get them out and then just check it down laughing and joking. I luckily caught the nuts and made money but i could see the frustration on some of the others?
Old 02-17-2006, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Friends reraising and the check down?

Call the floor, this is pretty obvious collusion. When my buddy and I play we sometimes check it down if no one else is in, but we don't bet or raise to try to get everyone else out.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When my buddy and I play we sometimes check it down if no one else is in, but we don't bet or raise to try to get everyone else out.

[/ QUOTE ]

a buddy of mine and i used to do that, then we figured out it would be more fun to try to outplay each other. if you're only playing 4/8, not really too big of a deal.

as for the OP:
first off, those guys are retarded, and they're going to probably lose a lot of money that way. it would be fun to catch a good hand and take down a huge pot, but the profitability would probably be overshadowed by me being really pissed off at them doing this. i'd be interested to hear what the floor would say if you called them out for collusion.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:53 PM

I can't believe the floor wasn't called on this textbook collusion situation.
Raising to get other players out and then checking it down is about as obvious as it gets.

Most people in any poker-room I've played at would call the floor.

In the very least, the floor can watch the progression of future hands to form their own opinion as to the friends who are playing in such a retardedly-collusive fashion.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe the floor wasn't called on this textbook collusion situation.
Raising to get other players out and then checking it down is about as obvious as it gets.

Most people in any poker-room I've played at would call the floor.

In the very least, the floor can watch the progression of future hands to form their own opinion as to the friends who are playing in such a retardedly-collusive fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I agree this is a problem, it is a common problem and I have never seen a floor person called on this. One problem is that raising and then checking it down can occur for non-collusive reasons. Or quasi collusive reasons -- Some regulars in the room will never bet heads up into another regular and get upset when another ergular bets into them heads up. There is no actual agreement between the players to raise out others and then check it down, but both players understand that if they end up heads up they will check it down.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:50 PM

This is a situation where the two supposedly clearly knew each other and where several of the players at the table were getting frustrated (indicating that they did it more than once).

In this situation, it doesn't sound like a couple of regulars who happened to be in one or two hands together who are just taking it easy on each other at the end because they are just being friendly.