Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Game On !

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why guys like Shak and Harmets are on the show. What does GSN think they gain by having obvious amateures play with professionals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if it was just Doyal, Todd, Barry, Jen and Daniel week after week, then the game would die. There would be no reason for them to play. The pros aren't going to pony up $100,000.00+ of their own money unless there's at least one live one at the table.

And Mike the Mouth ran out of money in season one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your wrong. The pros love the TV exposure, plus they get paid and have a chance to let their hair down and tell stories. I don't know if it's true but I remember reading that some pros tried to get on and couldn't.

The big guys have been playing 4-8 thousand againts each other for years with no TV and no live ones.

As a matter of fact, I'm sure your wrong, GSN must like having amateures in the mix.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
loooooooolllll what's with DN's acting job with his 'straight'. . . [censored] say what?

you can't say [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can say [censored].
Old 03-13-2007, 04:56 AM

Episode 9 on PokerTube http://www.pokertube.com/SearchMovie...es%20poker%20s
Old 03-13-2007, 05:39 AM

Yea I definitely find it really hard to believe that this is Ferguson's first cash game ever.

I think the most likely story is that he said it's his first cash game with this much money at the table or something along those lines and the producers kind of ran with it.

And I'd like Laak's angle shoot better if he didn't try it on his best friend Antonio, you'd figure that it would work better on another player at the table than the person who knows him best.

Disappointing episode, and why'd it take that guy so long to call with top pair nut flush draw? It seemed like an hour...
Old 03-13-2007, 05:55 AM

I heard about Ferguson doing a bankroll building experiment starting with very little money, and I thought he played online cash games. This might be his first live one.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:12 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker 3/12/07

-Pretty standard hand w/ Shak vs. Illya

-Laak def. angle-shot on that 1st hand. And it was against his boy Antonio too! That just stank.

-LOL Fannypackaments.

-Over/Under on the # of hands Ferguson will actually be seen play in his stint on HSP? I believe he only played 2 2night. I'm setting the line right now @ 7, hoping he doesn't get hit in the face w/ the deck.

-Ferguson hit in the face w/ the deck...O/U=9
Old 03-13-2007, 08:31 AM

'Bluetooth.' 'Tell them Poker Mike sent ya.'

Matusow is like a cartoon character.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:00 AM

I wish they would show Ferguson's hands that he throws away, he keeps putting them over the glass but they dont put the graphic on.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:38 AM

Have got to say that this is another poor episode really, started very promisingly with the $200K pot with AJ v 10,9. Was I the only one who absolutely loved this? This is the kind of pot that seems to happen so often to me personally but we've rarely seen on HSP (I recall Lindgren having a similar monster draw on series 2 but folding).

Apart from that pretty dull apart from the Matusow Bluetooth story hahaha, what a guy!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:30 AM

I found this episode to be much more entertaining than last week's, but mostly because of the table talk ("Poker Mike" - ha). The only noteworthy poker was Matusow dropping the Hammer just so he could be paid off $1k by everyone involved in the Hammer prop bet. That was really priceless, especially after Esfandiari won with a Hammer of his own and didn't show it.

I guess the hand where Ilya was stacked by Harmetz was ok too, but since all the money was in on the flop, it wasn't that interesting.

Seemed to me that Ferguson only played one hand the entire hour (AhKh). He's made a strong opening bid to be the Jen Harman of the new lineup, playing like he's just trying to avoid being stacked -- although I don't think he'd ever be weak enough to check the second nuts against the likes of Eli Elezra. Maybe things will change next week.