UTG+1: $950
MP1: $9342.50
wkieran: $6213.70
MP3: $4364
CO: $2797
Button: $950
SB: $1950
BB: $997

Pre-flop: (9 players) wkieran is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, wkieran calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($275, 5 players)
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">wkieran bets $272</font>, 3 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($819, 2 players)
MP1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">wkieran bets $816</font>, MP1 calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2451, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets $2448</font>, wkieran ???
Old 03-12-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Awful, Awful river. Call/fold?

It would be a ballsy call to make. I probably fold this to the average player with no reads because 56xx is out there. Any set beats you.

Against a wild villian capable of bluffing- maybe you gamble and look him up. Its possible he is setting you up on the flop and turn by calling for the purpose of bluffing you on river?
Old 03-12-2007, 05:51 PM

Unless he is very bluff happy I fold. It's a limped pot which makes it less likely he's calling you on the flop and turn without the straight draw because there's not any made hand he could have that wouldn't raise the flop or turn but would just smoothcall on the turn. The only thing you really beat that would call the turn and might bluff the river is A25x. His river PSB is weird though.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any set beats you.

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like only sets that beat you us QQ but pretty tough call to make w/ no reads
Old 03-12-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a limped pot which makes it less likely he's calling you on the flop and turn without the straight draw (xx56) because there's not any made hand he could have that wouldn't raise the flop or turn but would just smoothcall on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone read this over again a few times to understand fully, very good stuff.

I think however, that there are a few more hands than A25x that will bluff this river and in fact A25x is probably very unlikely holding unless villain is very very loose (at 25/50 I'm sure they know A25x double suited is even too weak to play upfront). I don't think OP specified how tight villain is, but since you didn't say I'll assume that isn't he very tight or very loose. I could see something like AA33, AA44, AA34, AAJ3, or AAJ4 if he likes to limp/reraise and is somewhat passive postflop (probably single suited to at least hearts for these hands).
Old 03-12-2007, 08:12 PM

River bet is SOOOOO wierd. I can't think of a hand that limps in EP holding 56 that just smoothcalls all the way here, I was thinking something like 456Ah because he needs something stronger than a naked open ender to be C/C oop with this texture board, but I honestly can't narrow his range down. Tough hand.