Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Flopped underfull against strong player 400bbs... $2/$5

Well the thread is pretty much over without results.

I thought about the flop raise and could not come up with a profitable line for my hand; but after a minute or so decided that I only had $30 invested and the game was good so I mucked it. MP called the raise. The turn was a K and MP stacked off for $900 when his QJ8x got there. The villain in the hand rolled over AKJT for tens full. The reason I posted the hand was because I thought villain was likely to stack off if his crappy draw got there and I might have missed a chance to isolate the donkey by 3betting the flop. In retrospect I think I made the right decision because villain probably calls a 3bet and MP is likely to fold to a 3bet anyway.

I do think a c/r on the flop is a better line with the underfull. Anyway, thanks for thanks for the advice. I really love this game. It constantly forces me to rethink the standard lines I have taken in NL.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:12 AM

Fold. You got resistance. You cannot play underfull out of position against two players when money is 350 deep.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard play is usually to c/r the flop and lead the turn but leading out on most turns, basically to win the pot as early as possible when you are ahead. Leading out is ok too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-raise flop and lead turn line is too strong when money is 350 BB deep. 100 BB deep I understand it if you are against laggy players.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:55 PM

Trouble with mucking this on the flop (even with 2 opponents) is your folding the best hand 95% of the time. Your only really scared of T9xx and that is very unlikely because you have two 9's. In omaha your going to get outdrawn a lot with an underful here, but your still the favorite. (someone needs to test how big of a favorite- I would guess 65%) I think your read was pretty good here, villian probably had a 10 with big cards and the MP was on some sort of a straight draw. With 2 villians and being deep its probably a good play to muck. I think I would have called the flop and probably check folded the turn.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:18 PM

Worst case scenario when you c/r the flop and lead the turn for like 2/3 pot is you lose 50BB's. Wa wa. I would totally hate it if my opponent had like two overcards and folding the turn incorrectly fearing T9. That would suck!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trouble with mucking this on the flop (even with 2 opponents) is your folding the best hand 95% of the time. Your only really scared of T9xx and that is very unlikely because you have two 9's. In omaha your going to get outdrawn a lot with an underful here, but your still the favorite. (someone needs to test how big of a favorite- I would guess 65%) I think your read was pretty good here, villian probably had a 10 with big cards and the MP was on some sort of a straight draw. With 2 villians and being deep its probably a good play to muck. I think I would have called the flop and probably check folded the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just ran it and I have 57.8% equity in the pot and he has 42.2%. I think this is sort of misleading though because his flop raise has basically negated my advantage in the hand. I do not know that he does not have T9 although it is unlikely; but more important is that I do not know exactly which cards in the deck improve him.

Furthermore, I have terrible reverse implied odds. The way I look at it is this:

I own 57.8% of $200 ($115.60) and he has 47.2% or ($84.40). I do believe in this situation that he will win at least $115.60 more than I will when he wins the pot because he can bloat the pot at will when he does get there and using the Q as a legitimate bluff out.

Due to all of this I do not feel I cost myself any equity in the hand by folding. Obviously my thought process did not run quite this deep in the heat of the game; but I was fairly certain folding was the best play.

Edit: ... until I saw villains terrible hand and began to wonder about how much I cost myself when donkey stacks to me.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:35 PM

I would C/C this so deep FWIW, simply because you will never win a big pot here only loose one.