Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 03:57 PM

Default two pair on a KQT flop NLTRN 10$

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1660)
Hero (t1340)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Button calls t10, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t80</font>, Button calls t60.

Flop: (t160) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t80</font>, Button calls t80.

Turn: (t320) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t280</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t560</font>,

It is 10 dollars HU.

I haven't play a lot with this opponent, but he is easily pushed around and would not make a stand without a hand. So - if I look at board, it just smells like a straight. The only hand that I beat here might be lower two pair. And because he is easy to push around and I believe he would not minraise with something like K6 here. Should I call and fold to a river bet or fold imidiately?

I probably bet too much at turn because the only hand that calls is the hand which beats me and I probably should not even bet it.

It is a tought spot, so how would you play that?
Old 03-11-2007, 11:39 PM

Default Re: two pair on a KQT flop NLTRN 10$

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't play a lot with this opponent, but he is easily pushed around and would not make a stand without a hand. So - if I look at board, it just smells like a straight. The only hand that I beat here might be lower two pair. And because he is easy to push around and I believe he would not minraise with something like K6 here. Should I call and fold to a river bet or fold imidiately?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're really confident in this read, you should fold immediately. But unless you've played this guy at least a few times before, I don't think you should be that confident. He might be a timid player that's decided to play back at you this time since the board is scary.

[ QUOTE ]
I probably bet too much at turn because the only hand that calls is the hand which beats me and I probably should not even bet it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you telling me your bet on the turn is going to get this guy to fold everything except a straight? That's ridiculous.

[ QUOTE ]
It is a tought spot, so how would you play that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Push all in. He might have a straight, then again he could have K6, QT, Q6, T6, or JcXc, 9c8c, AcXc, or even AK or AQ, all of which he could possibly be doing this with (IMO), and many of which he'll call your push with. There's also the potential that he's floating, or getting really frisky with a weaker draw.

Of course, that's assuming that your read isn't all that strong. If you really trust your above read on this guy, then you should fold in a heartbeat.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:35 AM

I think you push:
If you think a straight has you beat, he would have to have AJ or J9. With AJ he raises preflop and sometimes with J9 too. This is the first time he's showing aggression this hand, and alot of the other hands that would beat you (QQ, KQ, 66?) he would raise with preflop. It seems more likely he's making a stand with a draw or lower 2 pair. I'd push here fairly confidently.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:48 AM

When pushed around players at the $10 level make stands with a very wide range of holdings, I think minraise with trash % is a lot higher here than normal from what you described, other than that pretty much what Dromar said.

Also, BB is 20, so have you played this guy in a previous match?

If not, there's no way your read on him can be strong enough to fold this after playing &lt; 10 minutes.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:49 AM

You think it is not? Because I feel I can read some guys to be easily pushed around after 10 minutes. Otherwise, he would play back at me before - he would not wait 10 minutes, but he didn't.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:17 PM

I just said you probably can't have a read strong enough within the first ten minutes to fold this strong of a hand against a $10 dollar player.

Also, how many prior hands have happened, you are slightly losing in chips in the match at this point, if there's only 5-10 hands you should post those too. I always favor looking at the raw HH and developing review-reads rather than taking hero's word on the type of player they are. Not b/c I think your view is skewed personally, but because I know when I show people HH I definitely miscategorize people in some instances based on reads I thought were there that are really not that informative.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:26 PM

So basically it is push or fold situation. Calling is out of question, I believe from the posts.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So basically it is push or fold situation. Calling is out of question, I believe from the posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree with that. There's way too many scary cards, which means there's way too many cards you can make him pay for before he actually sees them.