Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: restaurants unique to your college town

[ QUOTE ]
bump to add some from my hometown of Charlottesville, Va. (home of <u>University of Virginia</u>)

Bodo's - very popular bagel place that has three different stores around town. friendly atmosphere, great bagels, very cheap. great place to take visitors.

Littlejohn's - 24/7 sandwich shop that makes big sandwiches for cheap. nice and sloppy, my favorite is the cheesesteak and the Wild Turkey sandwich.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bodo's= nuts

btw, Cluck-u is in many places.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:17 PM

Naval Academy AKA Annapolis (btw i don't attend Navy, but i grew up in Annapolis)

1. Chick and Ruths--Famous diner, in downtown Annapolis, used to be open 24 hours. Great Milkshakes.
2. Sammy's Deli--Sandwhich shop used to be located in the "Market house" now closer to the Naval Academy, Great sandwiches.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Queen's University in Canada.

Bubba's: Delicious poutine.

For some of you unfortunarte Americans who don't know what poutine is, heres some Bubba's.

[/ QUOTE ]

and we're the fat country?

Uh good stuff thats just here... (univ. of south carolina that is)

Tereyaki (or however u spell it) Grill - Really small japanese place, very good food and really big portions for cheap, open till 3am.

Beezers - not exclusive to here but not that big a chain either. Really good sub place open till 3am all week long, They also deliver and nice big subs and also cheaply priced.

Pops pizza - NY style pizza, very good obv open late.

That's all i can just think of off the top of my head

EDIT: alot of the places listed by people in the thread are not common chain places (some i listed are too but we're not that special food wise)
Old 03-10-2007, 11:04 PM

Amherst College...

Antonio's - pizzaria with a bunch of different toppings (like barbeque chicken with blue cheese, honey mustard chicken). Always packed after the bars close with lines out the door.

The Hangar - A franchise known as Wings Over started in this location, but the Hanger is the original location, so I think this counts for the thread. They have the most ridiculously delicious and bad for you "boneless chicken wings", which are just chicken tenders fried to perfection and coated in whatever sauce you might think of. Best food to eat when drunk and you can have the leftovers for the morning after
Old 03-11-2007, 12:20 AM

Not my school, but the best sandwich I ever had was right across the street from the University of Arizona. It's called Cheba-Hut. Every sandwich is named after weed. The workers wear hippie tie-dyed clothes. Bob Marley is played, pictures of celebrities toking are everywhere. I think I had 3 sandwiches within 24 hours from that place, and every time I make my own... I just dream of Cheba-Hut.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:42 AM

you guys are right, cluck-u is a mini-chain. i dunno why i don't think of it like that, but there are a handful of chains around.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
University of Illinois

La Bamba- greatest drunk burritos and super nachos ever, open late- burritos as big as your head
Bonnie Jeans- 2 big slices of pizza for $4. above a bar and only way to get there is by going up a single stairwell where the top is just the counter and where they make the pizzas'. excellent cuz its so greasy and cheesy when drunk

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget about Papa Del's

Its awesome Chicago style pizza

Old 03-11-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
University of Illinois

La Bamba- greatest drunk burritos and super nachos ever, open late- burritos as big as your head
Bonnie Jeans- 2 big slices of pizza for $4. above a bar and only way to get there is by going up a single stairwell where the top is just the counter and where they make the pizzas'. excellent cuz its so greasy and cheesy when drunk

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget about Papa Del's

Its awesome Chicago style pizza

[/ QUOTE ]
i was thinkin of putting it but its highly over priced and i personally think that the new place, Artie's, is better and its cheaper
Old 03-11-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like every college town has some unique restaurants famous amongst their area.

Let's hear a top 3 or top 5, what the restaurant is, what it serves and why it's special.

<u>University of Maryland</u> -

1) Danny's - claims world's greatest hamburger. while this is incorrect, they do have amazing drunk/late-night food, most notably their cheesy fries.

2) Ratsie's - best pizza/hot wings in town. kinda expensive, but a must-visit for anybody hungry after the bars. definitely the best pizza and most delicious wings in college park.

3) Cluck-U - chicken joint specializing in fried chicken, chicken sandwiches, etc. also stars local rap celebrity "Cluck-U Pac," who has music videos online.

note that this thread does not want to hear about chain restaurants such as papa johns, coldstone creamery, CLUCK U etc. only list what your college is unique for.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-11-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The Hangar - A franchise known as Wings Over started in this location, but the Hanger is the original location, so I think this counts for the thread. They have the most ridiculously delicious and bad for you "boneless chicken wings", which are just chicken tenders fried to perfection and coated in whatever sauce you might think of. Best food to eat when drunk and you can have the leftovers for the morning after

[/ QUOTE ]

this is quite possibly the greatest wings place ever. it is amazing. we have one of the chains right near where i live.