Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Raise on the flop - wrong move?

Thanks to all for the feedback and discussion.

After further thought, I think my first mistake was calling with this hand. I wasn't looking for a pair of A, I was looking to flop a flush draw or two pair or something. And there just weren't enough players in the hand before it got to me PF to justify a call PF.

Next, given that I am in the hand on the flop, I do think the raise on the flop was OK. Any Kx or middle pair, as well as a draw, should not have been calling. Unfortunately, it could also be read as, "I have a flush draw and I want a free card on the turn." When I bet the turn, though, that should have been the signal to the villain he was beat. He has 2 outs to beat a Ax or Kx at this point (knowing the results) so I think he should not have made this call.

Agree 100% - I should have checked down the river. Pair of A with weak kicker - how many ways was I beat? I should've been happy with the pot as it was without pushing in this scenario.

Thanks for all the feedback and for the discussion on raising and why it is or is not justified.

BTW - Why is it so bad to post the results? I guess the results don't matter, right? You either played the hand right or you didn't... Thanks again for the feedback.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Raise on the flop - wrong move?

Raise preflop.