Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Bodog Western Union cashout Trip Report

No Problemo!!!!!
Requested payout Thursday night, e-mail came Sat.AM. The main grocery chain in San Antonio, Tx. [HEB] is a Western Union. I called and asked if $3000 was OK, they said No Problem. I was nervous but the lady was matter of fact. She did come back and ask for a second ID because of the large amount. I did not have one, I said I can tell you my SS#, she said fine. She gave me a check and then said do you want me to cash it, I thought they were going to ding me the 1% check cashing fee but she did not. This is an excellent system, I just hope WU does not bail in the future.
It probably helps here in SA that the Mexican immigrants send their money back to Mexico.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Bodog Western Union cashout Trip Report

Basically the same as my trip report cashing my Bodog WU cashout transfer. I went to an upstate new york grocery chain to cash mine and they did it without a problem.. also asking for my SS# because of the 3k amount. For whatever reason my college ID doesn't count as a 2nd ID but the transfer went without any hassle.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:28 PM

It is nice to know that Western Union, which started its money transfer service in 1871, and the US Banking System, largely unchanged since 1938, is able to handle this new-fangled check cashing thing.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:42 PM

Do they ask you anything about who you are receiving money from? I really don't want to explain why I am getting money from the Phillippines or wherever.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do they ask you anything about who you are receiving money from? I really don't want to explain why I am getting money from the Phillippines or wherever.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, they don't ask you that. If they want to know that, they can just look at the transfer form where it says who it is from.
[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2007, 10:56 PM

On my first cashout I was e-mailed the information within 16 hours. However this week I requested another cashout on Wednesday and still haven't recieved anything as of yet. The only difference I can think of is that this time it was for all the money in the account. Coincidence? Probably.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't ask me at all, but my pickup was at TCF bank. If they do ask for some reason, just say you sold something on eBay, thats what I was going to say if they did happen to ask.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:27 AM

why would a grocery store or supermarket going to ask you who and why is this money being sent to you??
Old 03-11-2007, 11:59 AM

They always ask me my occupation. I just say "Small Business Owner".