Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 06:12 AM

Default Re: beat: My rant.

Winning players don't have 9 losing weeks in a row, at least not winning ones playing as 'low' (It's not low, but it's low enough that your fluctuations shouldn't be THAT bad) and as many hands as you are.

Now, I've had a joke or two at your expense, but take a step back and look at the stats as if they're someone elses. You're losing. Games are harder than they were (at least on Stars they are) and you're pretty new to all this. (Yes you are.) Drop down a lot, like $50nl or something lot and get your confidence back.

Do this now before you're busto.

My ratio of serious/nonserious in BBV just took a huge hit because of this post, please don't donk it up.

<font color="white"> Lori</font>
Old 03-11-2007, 06:28 AM

SOMEONE HAS TO LOSE SO THE JAMIE GOLDS OF THE WORLD CAN WIN
Old 03-11-2007, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
watching aba's video have all been futile attempts

[/ QUOTE ]

What/Where is this video?
Old 03-11-2007, 07:48 AM

I think i remember playing you HU on stars a long time ago. Anyway, just go stack a bunch of donks at 100nl for a bit and get back in the groove. And on the plus side if you were playing minbet and running this bad you probably would have committed suicide by now.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, its 8 weeks later now...during these 215,000 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played that high a limit, and i've never played that many hands. But dont you think 27k hands/week for 8 weeks while going to school fulltime is a little much?

My suggestion is to take a break. I mean a complete break from poker for at least a month. dont think about it, dont play a friendly nickel/dime game with your buddies. dont pick up a poker magazine or even visit the forums. total poker blackout for a measly 30 days. after that, go play at the limit you are still rolled for and build back.

OR as this is BBV. Put whatever you have left into one buyin of 100/200 NL.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:34 AM

At the poker level you are playing psychology is very important. You know the game basics and you know some advanced stuff too, but are you really in control of your decisions? There are several things you say in your post which suggest your psychology is not right...

[ QUOTE ]
I'm smart enough to survive without them...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really? If you take this line in your poker learning you will skip bits where you need to graft and it will be your undoing sooner or later. Maybe the later has arrived...

[ QUOTE ]
I keep wondering what would have happened if...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? What a monumental waste of time. Inability to let go and move is a sign of emotional neediness. Not a good trait for a wannabe poker king...get back to playing each hand the best you can.

[ QUOTE ]
...and felt like killing people

[/ QUOTE ]

Anger management? Look to yourself, stop taking it out on other people. You made all the decisions, including the one to make poker such an important ingredient of your persona. The rest is just random numbers...

[ QUOTE ]
...no doubt I was in their top 5 list

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a life. Do you have an idea how others percieve you? This is just a wish-list entry and lists mean nothing, except to dick-measuring contestants.

[ QUOTE ]
What changed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing. But maybe you need to.

[ QUOTE ]
I guarantee...less then 3 people have ever run as bad as me

[/ QUOTE ]

Your guarantees are worthless as you probably have not asked everyone yet. All this appears to be is an attempt to say how unlucky you are. Sounds like a losers excuse to me...

[ QUOTE ]
I study the game more than 99% of the people

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't, you just think you do, same reasons as above. Maybe it's time to stop studying the game and start studying yourself?

[ QUOTE ]
...I was probably always a loser and just ran good

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be considered if you are going to get your head right. If you cannot admit to this possibility, you will never see things as they really are.

[ QUOTE ]
All that matters is that I know in my mind that I'm a solid winning player, and that's all that matters to be honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, when it comes to poker, the only thing that matters is $ in the bank, and that's all that matters to be honest.

Of course, you get those $ by playing good poker.
How are you judging your play? You cannot rely on $ in the short-term.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't tilt often. When I do it usually just increases my variance, but doesn't hurt my winrate that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha-ha-ha-harrr! Clownshoes.

Firstly, if you really believe that tilting does not affect your WR I think you need to go back and re-read some of the basics. Clearly, you have not learnt this lesson yet.

Second, of you tilt at all you still have a lot to work on. Not <u>often</u> is not good enough.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:23 PM

Colombo have you tried this site yet

http://www.cardrunners.com

they have videos of good players playing good pokers.

You should watch GP, he's awesome! You'll learn a lot from him!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:02 PM

How old are you?
Old 03-12-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The day was January 16th. I had recently moved up to 600nl and made somewhere around ~$6,000 the previous day, so I was in a very good mood. I decided to stay home sick from high school since it was just a review for mid-terms, and I'm smart enough to survive without them. I keep wondering what would have happened if I decided to go in that day. Naturally, I booted up poker, and began the mark of the longest bad run of my life.

Well, its 8 weeks later now. I got home from 300 and felt like killing people, so I got on stars and had another losing session, beginning my 9th losing week in a row. In 2,000 hands, I somehow managed to have set under set 5 times. Yesterday I had quads under quads. Crazy huh? Anyway, I didn't come here to list off random beats that nobody cares about. I just need to get this stuff of my chest.

I remember playing 400nl and crushing it. Man that was fun. Ask any regular there at the time and no doubt I was in their top 5 list. What changed? I'm nearly busto now, and have managed to lose 85% of my online roll during these 215,000 hands. It just doesn't make sense to me. I know this sounds whiny and all, but I guarantee that out of BBV as a whole, less then 3 people have ever run as bad as me (there may have been more, but no doubt they would have killed themselves by now. I truly admire my willpower at least).

It's just like nothing works for me. I study the game more than 99% of the people and I'm the hardest worker I know. Playing less tables, playing more tables, playing tighter, playing looser, watching aba's video have all been futile attempts at getting my graph going up again (moving up did work though. My shot at nl5k after a bad day in nl400 went well, thanks BBV).

I know that everyone is gonna come in here and tell me that I suck and that I was probably always a loser and just ran good. Whatever, say what you want. As I said before I'm not looking for sympathy. All that matters is that I know in my mind that I'm a solid winning player, and that's all that matters to be honest. It's just unfortunate that the poker gods chose me to feel their wrath harder than anyone. I'm playing the Sunday Million tomorrow, and that will probably be the end of my career unless I go deep. I simply can't take it anymore. All my hard work has not been paying off, and I have no passion for the game. It's been fun, but it looks like my end has come.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you complaining about, everyone knows this is standard.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:29 PM

Report from the Sunday Million?