Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2006, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Post your favorite live tells here

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only time I can feel my pulse elevate is when I've got a monster, not when I'm bluffing...but I'm sure this is an exception.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same goes for me so maybe it's not an exception.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same reaction but I tend to have it as a *post-hand* "rush" of heart-pounding, some shakes etc, when I take down a pot without a showdown, while I'm stacking chips. I can hear my heart so loud in my ears. Never happens during the hand and I've had friends whom I've asked to look for these signs tell me they can't see it, but it's noticable afterwords.

Almost always happens when I make a big bet/raise into a good pot and the OP folds. The thing is, it doesn't matter if I have the nuts, or am semi-bluffing, or on air. (??!) Don't have anywhere near the same reaction when the hand goes to showdown.

Anyone else have this type of reaction?
Old 02-17-2006, 12:33 PM

I think my favorite, along the same lines as "misewell bet," is the classic "Oh, is it my turn?"

Yep, and thanks for turning your hand face-up, brother.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's staring at the board, he's bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this every time I bet. Maybe it's why I get so many calls.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In their head is "what is my best line here?" Still the heart pumps faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some valid points. I remember my third hand when I moved up to 10/20 was AA. I definately went deer hunter.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe no one has said this one yet. This is a monster tell.

A lot of times, when someone insta-checks, that means they just hit. Sure enough, everytime I see a insta-check, they check raise and they have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This is a very good online tell, too.

Example: LAG, who has raised every third hand PF, who has been observed 3 betting AJo on a ragged 6 high flop, raises PF then quickly checks a flop of AKx.

Or: Aggresor raises PF, is first to act and bets a king-high flop, then insta-checks the turn when it brings a king or ace. Nice try, [censored].

It's quite fun watching these clowns lose bets hoping for the check-raise that never comes.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:39 PM

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the people that reach for chips as if they're going to bet, but then check.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ive also become pretty good with reverse tells and have won quite a bit of money that i wouldnt have had i not used them. i actually feel pretty confident that i could hook a name tournament pro with reverse tells because i think i know what they look for and ive practiced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Case in point - that nines full hand at the Mirage!
Old 02-17-2006, 04:10 PM

I love the tell of staring at you, holding out chips like they're getting ready to call you if you dare to bet - then they either check behind you or fold if you bet.

for some reason, I see this mostly done by Asians.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:41 PM

I was at a table where a guy hit quads on the turn. He was obviously a beginner, and he had gotten a chip stuck between the rail and the felt. He was trying to extract that chip, but his hands were shaking so bad that it took him two or three MINUTES to get the chip out. After the player across the table called his bet, half the table said "Show the quads!"
Old 02-17-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only time I can feel my pulse elevate is when I've got a monster, not when I'm bluffing...but I'm sure this is an exception.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same goes for me so maybe it's not an exception.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same reaction but I tend to have it as a *post-hand* "rush" of heart-pounding, some shakes etc, when I take down a pot without a showdown, while I'm stacking chips. I can hear my heart so loud in my ears. Never happens during the hand and I've had friends whom I've asked to look for these signs tell me they can't see it, but it's noticable afterwords.

Almost always happens when I make a big bet/raise into a good pot and the OP folds. The thing is, it doesn't matter if I have the nuts, or am semi-bluffing, or on air. (??!) Don't have anywhere near the same reaction when the hand goes to showdown.

Anyone else have this type of reaction?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the same for me. I've never shook during a hand, but after stacking a giant pot, it is a little embarassing. Also I used to shake a bit my first few hands of a session, but not anymore.