Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Longest running home game?

What's the longest running home game you've ever played in consecutive hours/days? And how long did the game last before it broke up? I'm talking about a neighborly game, not in the back of a bar or pub.

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2007, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Longest running home game?

During college, we played for three consecutive days when a snow storm closed the university. I remember playing a listening to the radio to hear whether the university would open the next day. We didn't play for 72 hours str8 thru though. But it was three consecutive days.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:59 AM

The longest home game I played in was about 16 hours long. It started as $.50/1 dealer's choice at my friend The Taxman's house at about 6PM. We played until about 3AM when everyone except me and Lucky were broke. The Taxman went to sleep.

Lucky and I played heads up no limit (back before everyone played no limit, c.1998) until 9AM when The Taxman woke up. He sat down in his bathrobe, bought in for $20 like three times, busted three times in like twenty minutes, got dressed and went to work. Lucky and I kept playing about 10 more minutes, then I had to go to work and he had to catch a plane home to NC. I think he smoked six packs of cigarettes that night. Good times.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:34 PM

I played in a game on a Fourth of July weekend that started on Friday night, and broke up on Tuesday morning @ 8:30. I wasn't there for the whole thing, but I was there for the first and last 12-hours, as well as some sessions in between. Some guys played through, with, I assume, occassional naps; they still had the same clothes on at the end as they had at the beginning.

The host's wife was gone for most of the weekend. She came home about 5:30 on Monday afternoon. She didn't say anything--just stood there speechless. We hadn't been taking the trash out, we just piled the trash bags in the bath tub so they wouldn't leak on the floor. Both bath tubs were piled full. I can still remember the piles of empty coffee cans, the bags of crushed beer cans, the stacks of pizza and fast food boxes. Except for the last 6-7 hours, there was a full table with a couple of people waiting, and a few more just hanging out. Ah, poker!

The marriage survived.