Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Sayid really recognized that woman whom he tortured(and he "couldn't forget her face) then how come he didn't react when he was first introduced to her? How come he didn't immediately realize that something was up?

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure he did ...

[/ QUOTE ]I asked that because I was rewatching the episode, and his behavior struck me as odd during that scene.

He was told that he was being brought in to be a chef. There were customers dining there(we later learn that they weren't customers, they were the guy's friends who were there to help capture Sayid).

When the guy introduces his wife, all thats standing between Sayid and the door are the wife and the guy- all of the friends are still sitting at the table. He says hello to the wife and even sees her burned arms. At this point, he had a decent shot of punching the guy and running out of there. But he stays and is overpowered by all of the guys.

If he recognized her, he sure didn't show it. And for all he knew, if he really recognized her, he probably would've thought he was brought there to be killed, so I have to think he would've reacted more direly.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Sayid really recognized that woman whom he tortured(and he "couldn't forget her face) then how come he didn't react when he was first introduced to her? How come he didn't immediately realize that something was up?

[/ QUOTE ]

He did, but was overcome with emotion.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:07 AM

also if he just took off it would basically be an instant admission of guilt, and that would probably be bad.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he blocked the memories of that woman because they were so traumatic and they resurfaced when he was at an emotional and physical low.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he blocked the memories of that woman because they were so traumatic and they resurfaced when he was at an emotional and physical low.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought he was just lying at the end, because he thought it would make the woman feel better. Am I alone here?
Old 03-09-2007, 11:05 AM

I thought that he was lying too, but then again, I was actually a bit busy laughing at his overacting to put my full attention into it anyways.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought he was just lying at the end, because he thought it would make the woman feel better. Am I alone here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I also wasn't super-clear on the truthfulness of Sayid's confession.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:09 AM

I think the show derives a lot of its 'mystery' from ambiguity. The writers get all wet when legions of internet geeks like ourselves spend hours going back and forth debating little issues like this.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The use of the cat obv implies that Sayid did torture her and was telling the truth in his confession to her. Plus him stopping the french chick confirmed it.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

One thing that I didn't like is how they introduced all of these characters from the tail section, and then killed them off one by one so quickly. I really didn't think that they should have killed Mr. Eko. I saw no reason in that and they built him up so much that I thought that he had such a huge letdown when he died. Maybe his death will lead to something huge (I guess you can almost count this last episode as part of that.. but I'm not convinced yet).

[/ QUOTE ]

Eko was killed because the actor was leaving the show IIRC. The original idea was probably NOT to kill him at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh... really? That's the first that I'd heard of that. If that's the case, wonder what the reason for this would be. I know that Naveen Andrews (Sayid) wasn't very happy with being away from his family so much since the filming is in Hawaii, wonder if that was the case too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah..he supposedly created a ton of friction on set and didn't want to be there anymore. Terry O'quinn was quoted as saying he was glad to see him leave.

Locke strikes me as basically a child...always curious and inquisitive/ful of wonder and amazement even if he should be more concerned with his own well being/ask smart logical questions etc.

Originally when i saw the preview i thought that maybe Locke was going to gain access to a mainland phone/computer/communication etc but choose to turn it off/diable etc because he didn't want to be rescued from the island...hence Sayid's what did u do John.

Why did the black women need to be killed? cuz they knew Sayid was a interogater?