Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is the preferred structure
2-5 NL, $200 max buy-in, $7/30 min. timed rake 6 5.45%
3-5 NL, $200 min, $600 max buy-in, pots raked 10% up to $4 104 94.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2007, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Brag/Beat Watch - Will my poker study get funded?

lol researchaments
Old 03-10-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
again, i call bullsht on the poker bots being amazing at LHE, names of "pros" please.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-10-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Making a good poker bot is inherently harder than other types of games because it's in incomplete information game. This is why I don't forsee pokerbots beating the best "pros" anytime in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

el oh el
Old 03-10-2007, 02:31 AM

Amazing Bot
Old 03-10-2007, 02:34 AM

I will try to get the info on some of the bots. My statement earlier was from recollection. However, I'll have to do it tommorow wakin up early so going to sleep soon.

Danny
Old 03-10-2007, 01:54 PM

From this masters thesis.

"Game [Hand] 58 was particularly memorable. Poki-X showed a great deal of aggression holding Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Phil [Laak] holding Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button. The preflop went call-raise-call with Poki-X doing the raising. The flop came 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The flop went bet-raise-reraise-rereraise-call (the maximum betting which occurred several times early in the match). The turn was the 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with the action being just bet-call. Finally, the river came K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Poki-X executed a check-raise bluff which made Phil lay down his pair of fours, which was the best hand. At that moment, Phill remarked "If this is a bluff, it's over for humans". Needless to say it definitely was a bluff!"

Then Phil went on to slowly destroy it and another version of their bots. Of course only ~1k hands were played so statistical significance blah blah blah
Old 03-10-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats all this talk about people being from atlanta, i live in decatur.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is actually a shtload of BBVers/2+2ers in the ATL area. Clayton, Shadow, pokerDb guy (can't remember 2+2 name), D10, Guy Incognito (BTW, where are you dude?), The Truth and his roomate, gamboolholnik (or something) and I met in Buckhead for dinner and played in an lol bar donkament at moondogs.

Details here
Old 03-10-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"Game [Hand] 58 was particularly memorable. Poki-X showed a great deal of aggression holding Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Phil [Laak] holding Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button. The preflop went call-raise-call with Poki-X doing the raising. The flop came 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The flop went bet-raise-reraise-rereraise-call (the maximum betting which occurred several times early in the match). The turn was the 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with the action being just bet-call. Finally, the river came K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Poki-X executed a check-raise bluff which made Phil lay down his pair of fours, which was the best hand. At that moment, Phill remarked "If this is a bluff, it's over for humans". Needless to say it definitely was a bluff!"

Then Phil went on to slowly destroy it and another version of their bots. Of course only ~1k hands were played so statistical significance blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to bloat the hell out of the pot with a nothing hand then fold the river getting 237575:1 or whatever, Phil. I can't tell who sucks more, the bot or Phil.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to bloat the hell out of the pot with a nothing hand then fold the river getting 237575:1 or whatever, Phil. I can't tell who sucks more, the bot or Phil.

[/ QUOTE ]

roflrofl. looks like the bot schooled him pretty damn well there rofl
Old 03-10-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where in atl? no chance you are in gwinnett? cause i'll be in gwinnett all next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL spendspringbreakathomeaments