Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Universal vs. Free Weight Bench Press

[ QUOTE ]
i made this username approximately a month ago, long after ronnie lost the olympia. nice theory, you claim to have trained with the guy but you can't even form an approximate guess as to when the olympia is held.

you are literally gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

not touching your chest when bench pressing is gay.

oh, and so is this:

[ QUOTE ]
my issue is that i'm sort of a jealous guy in the first place. i feel like i keep it within reason, but i'm definitely protective of her and the idea of a bunch of trashy dudes yelling at her all night and disrespecting her obviously bothers me. not to mention the fact that she would be naked/topless on stage. when i met her i was into her because she came off as a real good girl. she had only been with 4 guys before me ( all relatively long term boyfriends ) and made it clear she would want to move in with me, get married, have kids etc. the idea of her becoming a stripper obviously messes with my perception of her.

but then on the other hand, what kind of boyfriend/person am i if i tell her "no, you can't make a couple hundred dollars a night, i demand you keep working retail and make less than 100 dollars a night". i know a decent amount of strippers and i know that they all average at least 200-300 a night, some more. and some would have random awesome nights and make 1000-2000. i know my girlfriend worries about money a lot ( i don't blame her since she making 10 dollars an hour working retail ) and has always clearly been jealous of me being able to make a living sitting on my computer, playing poker and working on my website.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-10-2007, 01:12 AM

it's pretty obvious to anyone who has ever read your posts ( or looked at you ) that you have never and will never have sex with a woman. so i can understand why you feel like my post is irrelevant.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i made this username approximately a month ago, long after ronnie lost the olympia. nice theory, you claim to have trained with the guy but you can't even form an approximate guess as to when the olympia is held.

you are literally gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

not touching your chest when bench pressing is gay.

oh, and so is this:

[ QUOTE ]
my issue is that i'm sort of a jealous guy in the first place. i feel like i keep it within reason, but i'm definitely protective of her and the idea of a bunch of trashy dudes yelling at her all night and disrespecting her obviously bothers me. not to mention the fact that she would be naked/topless on stage. when i met her i was into her because she came off as a real good girl. she had only been with 4 guys before me ( all relatively long term boyfriends ) and made it clear she would want to move in with me, get married, have kids etc. the idea of her becoming a stripper obviously messes with my perception of her.

but then on the other hand, what kind of boyfriend/person am i if i tell her "no, you can't make a couple hundred dollars a night, i demand you keep working retail and make less than 100 dollars a night". i know a decent amount of strippers and i know that they all average at least 200-300 a night, some more. and some would have random awesome nights and make 1000-2000. i know my girlfriend worries about money a lot ( i don't blame her since she making 10 dollars an hour working retail ) and has always clearly been jealous of me being able to make a living sitting on my computer, playing poker and working on my website.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Cross-post burn.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:14 AM

i am also just still waiting for an explanation of why not touching your chest is so gay and wrong, when jay culter, one of the most accomplished bodybuilders of all time has mentioned in magazines on numerous occasions that he does not touch his chest, and many other pro BBers say the same thing. what do you know that jay cutler doesn't know?
Old 03-10-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
touching your chest while benching is retarded unless you're a power lifter. very few professional bodybuilders bother to touch their chest with the bar ( and keep in mind that their chests stick out an extra inch or two due to their large pecs ). if your goal is to remain injury free and just improve your body, you shouldn't worry about touching your chest unless you're really short and it just happens naturally.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of people (myself included) have been under the impression that bench press should be done so that when the bar is at the low point, your elbows point out parallel to the bar. Correct form will have the elbows more tucked into the body and not pointing "out". If you do it this way you can, from what I read, do bench for many years safely and avoidshoulder injuries, while at the same time performing the lift using full range of motion.

I'd appreciate it if Thremp or guids could verify this though. There is a lot of contradictory information out there and I am certainly not an expert.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:18 AM

it's probably worth mentioning that i am 6'4''. it's obviously a lot more work to hit my chest than it is for a disgruntled midget like TXRedMan.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:21 AM

This thread is awesome.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
touching your chest while benching is retarded unless you're a power lifter. very few professional bodybuilders bother to touch their chest with the bar ( and keep in mind that their chests stick out an extra inch or two due to their large pecs ). if your goal is to remain injury free and just improve your body, you shouldn't worry about touching your chest unless you're really short and it just happens naturally.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of people (myself included) have been under the impression that bench press should be done so that when the bar is at the low point, your elbows point out parallel to the bar. Correct form will have the elbows more tucked into the body and not pointing "out". If you do it this way you can, from what I read, do bench for many years safely and avoidshoulder injuries, while at the same time performing the lift using full range of motion.

I'd appreciate it if Thremp or guids could verify this though. There is a lot of contradictory information out there and I am certainly not an expert.

[/ QUOTE ]
this
http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Pect...PowerLift.html

vs. this
http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Pect...enchPress.html
Old 03-10-2007, 02:30 AM

Does every random thread about fitness for an average joe turn into a fight between who is the smarter and more hardcore powerlifter/bodybuidler? Its like a fight between math geeks but more pathetic.

OP...your fine using the machines unless you want to look like the freaks on Muscle and Fitness covers. Free weights are better but the machine will work fine esp if you enjoy using it.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's probably worth mentioning that i am 6'4''. it's obviously a lot more work to hit my chest than it is for a disgruntled midget like TXRedMan.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am 6'2 and i have a 76 inch wingspan.