Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: I believe it is easier for
a poor and unemployed person to feed himself 1 14.29%
a poor but employed person to feed himself 6 85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2007, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Funniest/ Most ridiculous thing you\'ve ever convinced someone

I was driving my cousin (he was a junior in HS at the time) around in my mom's car. On the steering wheel she has volume controls for the radio. I told him that I had a microchip installed in my finger and could control things like radios and stuff. So I pointed my finger at the radio and spun it around in the air, while increasing the volume on the steering wheel using my other hand. He got really pissed off when I wouldn't tell him where to get the microchip himself.

Perhaps a better one is one I did to my little brother...when I was a senior in HS, the entire senior class went camping. I ended up hooking up with this chick in the back of my truck. A couple months later I was hanging with my buddy and my little bro, and I mentioned it. My friend was like, "Yeah that was sick though that she had a wooden leg." My brother was like, "nuh uh wtf?" and had me tell him the story. So we had him convinced that I banged a chick who had a wooden leg. Flash forward like three years...we still talk about the wooden leg chick every once in a while, my brother totally bought it. One time he asked me what the weirdest thing a chick ever did to me was, and I told him once a girl was giving me head, she scraped me with her teeth, so I smacked her. Her glass eye popped out and rolled across the floor. "OMG SICK!!!!!! Dude you have weird [censored] happen to you like the girl with the wooden leg, now this?" "Haha man you believed the wooden leg story? Dude skye and I were just [censored] with you, that never happened." "Oh you're such a dick" (remember, we had him believing this for three years). "Oh well, you guys got me good, that's funny. But still man it's sick that this chick had a glass eye and you knocked it out." I wasn't being leveled...he flipped when I pointed out how retarded it was he fell for the exact same thing minutes after learning the first story was a joke.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:35 PM

I have convinced many people including some in this very forum of the very real threat the illuminati poses to the future of our lives.

This is not funny or ridiculous btw, it is serious stuff.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
has anyone actually been to a wedding where they did this?

[/ QUOTE ]
The dude did when my dad got remarried. It was really weird because this wasn't the "real" ceremony with family (they were waiting a few months for that). So it was my dad and his wife, me and my brother, her kids, and like two friends of theirs that were witnesses. So it seemed pretty odd to me that they'd bring it up when there were just a handful of people.

Now I look back and wonder wtf I didn't say anything [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2007, 01:08 AM

I went to a fairly preppy high school on work study/scholarship. Senior picnic, I had several people convinced my brownies were laced with hash. A few kids went to the nurse, I went to the principals office.

As a teen, my brother would often convince people he couldn't tie his own shoes. People usually didn't believe him until he asked me to ties them and I did without comment.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:44 AM

One of my codefense counsel in a case was going on and on about how easily she is able to tell when people are lying to her. She did this during a lunch break from a deposition we were taking on O'ahu, where Mrs. Treesong grew up and where I've spent much time. I had to get on a plane back home later that afternoon, but she and a crew of counsel from Hawai'i were all going out for a nice dinner to one of the island's nicest restaurants.

I told her that this particular restaurant had a special off-the-menu appetizer called "okole" that came in two varieties -- "sweet" okole and "sour" okole. I told her I preferred the sweet, but most people like the sour better.

She fell for it, and asked the waiter for a double order of "sour okole."

Of course, "okole" is Hawai'ian for "ass," and there's a fairly famous Hawaiian song called "Sweet Okole."

She was absolutely furious with me for months. Good times indeed.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:26 PM

I convinced my entire freshman high school baseball team that I was Jewish.
It came up because we were doing a drill that people thought was stupid or didn't want to do. Someone (being a stupid freshman) said "This drill is Jewish." I immediately said "Hey, I'm Jewish." He starts saying how sorry he is and that he didn't mean it. Some people start asking me questions about it b/c they don't believe me. Me, having a Jewish friend growing up, was able to answer their questions. They all buy it for most of the year.

Best part was when one of them says, "Yeah, that makes sense. Hart is a Jewish name."
Really hard to keep a straight face when he said that.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:18 AM

I convinced a friend that when you fly to hawaii, you cross the international dateline. we were in hawaii for three days before he figured it out.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:24 AM

this is a very good thread. i did a lot of this stuff in high school but forgot them all for now. keep the stories coming!
Old 03-11-2007, 02:41 AM

In high school, convinced my girlfriend that the parking break handle in my car would blow the car if pulled.

She bought it. Unreal.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:58 AM

convinced a few british 2p2 posters that Thanksgiving involved a traditional bear hunt which took place in an abandoned town.

P.S. in addition, once when i was working technical crew for plays in HS the teacher, who was pretty good with building crap but not so good with technology, was getting pissed because the speakers for the set was mono. my friend waits a few minutes and plays it again, the teacher just says "perfect" and moves on.