Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Major Party Upgrade - Official Q&A thread. (#5 of 5.)

Is anyone else having issues with the saved hand histories being corrupted?

I played for several hours last night and found that hand histories from some of the tables i played at were either corrupted or not saved at all.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:41 PM

I'd like to state that most people here complainng must have no idea how software programs are written and work... If u expect someone to write software and for it to work perfectly right away u must be out of ur mind... There are millions and millions of lines of code in that program... This occurs in any new software that comes out... I'm sure they tested it and it worked fine on there computers but u have to realize how many combinations of computers are out there... Its funny cause mine worked perfectly and there is probably only 1000 people complaining at the most while couple hundred thousand have it and it works fine... relax
Old 02-17-2006, 03:45 PM

Dealer: Everything is a huge deal for me and I can't see why you could possibly want to take that away
Old 02-17-2006, 03:50 PM

I can't connect to Party ever since downloading the stability patch. Never had a connection problem before downloading it either...
Old 02-17-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dealer: Everything is a huge deal for me and I can't see why you could possibly want to take that away

[/ QUOTE ]

When multi-tabling, this is very important because often times I need to review the action before I make my decision. I use that feature quite often.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When multi-tabling, this is very important because often times I need to review the action before I make my decision. I use that feature quite often.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-17-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-17-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to state that most people here complainng must have no idea how software programs are written and work... If u expect someone to write software and for it to work perfectly right away u must be out of ur mind...

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, programming is very tedious. Party Poker has done an excellent job.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to state that most people here complainng must have no idea how software programs are written and work... If u expect someone to write software and for it to work perfectly right away u must be out of ur mind... There are millions and millions of lines of code in that program... This occurs in any new software that comes out... I'm sure they tested it and it worked fine on there computers but u have to realize how many combinations of computers are out there... Its funny cause mine worked perfectly and there is probably only 1000 people complaining at the most while couple hundred thousand have it and it works fine... relax

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a software developer so I can speak a little to some of the points you made.

1. I highly doubt the Party Poker client software has millions of lines of code. It's a robust program and not a simple one by any means (lots of interaction with server(s), internal accounts, etc.) however it's not some mammoth operating system or MS Office or anything (the .exe and .dll file sizes indicate that it's not millions of lines).

2. Yes software bugs are inevitable in situations like this and nobody should expect perfect functionality at first.... however (3)

3. The more critical the application the more important it is to verify that it works correctly. For example when NASA or the military writes a program I'm sure they test the ever loving crap out of it before ever letting anything "real" touch it.

Considering every hour that Party Poker is down or prevents clients from logging on costs them tens of thousands of dollars (maybe more) then it would have been much cheaper for them to hire say 50 or so very competent software guys* to test the crap out of it for 2-3 weeks and compensate them very well, as that is much cheaper than the lost revenue of dealing with a shoddy initial release.

* I'm assuming Party hired a room full of dullards with minimal skills for $2.00 an hour
Old 02-17-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people want this? I cant see a reason to be able to read what happens (other than to get around the datamining limitations).