Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Bottom set on on a very dry board, 4 players to the flop

[ QUOTE ]
Dustin,

Isn't it quite obvious that William Hill has AA/KK? Isn't it quite obvious that ilvndnfl knows that William has AA/KK? So therefore, what is he milk reraising with? Has to be something that has AA/KK beat? This isnt just I have a set shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it obvious that William Hill has AA? He reraised small preflop and then bet 1/3 pot (ignore the fact that he called the raise, because you wouldn't have that info yet). It is possible the Button highly suspected a hand like AA but wasn't sure and wasn't ready to just lay down to a tiny bet in this big pot.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:49 PM

There is a raise to 200, and 2 callers of that 200. What would he be raising to 650 w/ ? It's pretty clear it's AA/KK.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:52 PM

just get it all in here...if you are going to make that call preflop with 33 and then fold on a 843 board then u need to reconsider your preflop call...hopefully AA pays you off big here
Old 03-09-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a raise to 200, and 2 callers of that 200. What would he be raising to 650 w/ ? It's pretty clear it's AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're looking at this a little differently. If he is bad enough to only pop it to 650 with AA here, then he is definitely bad enough to have AK, KK or 88. His reraise is way too small.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Although I agree with you, I never really understand why they are stupid enough to do this with AA but not stupid enough to do this with, say T7o, which is pretty much just as good....
Old 03-09-2007, 06:06 PM

1- there is no value in raising the flop

2- button has to be very strong most of the time here, and i think you should consider folding, but i probably never would because of all the crazy/silly/stupid [censored] that happens in aggro 25/50 games. button might have TTish type hands b/c for some of the reasons Post-Oak gives, but just because he MIGHT doesn't mean he always will, or even will a high-medium frequency of the time he gets to the flop with those same TT-ish type hands like this. which is why you should consider folding... but like someone said, the pot is already so [censored] big.

3- PEOPLE WITH LOW POST COUNTS WHO DO NOT PLAY IN THESE GAMES - NO ONE [censored] CARES WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. DO YOU THINK YOUR ADVICE IS USEFUL?? YOU CANT EVEN BEAT 1/2 NL SO WHY DO YOU THINK WE CARE WHAT YOU WOULD DO IN THIS SPOT? EITHER ASK HELPFUL QUESTIONS TO FOSTER DISCUSSION OR STICK TO LURKING AND POSTING IN THE STRATEGY FORUMS WHERE YOUR ADVICE WILL BE HELPFUL.

god damn it... like, for instance, "if you are going to make that call preflop with 33 and then fold on a 843 board reconsider your preflop call..." That's just so [censored] stupid.

btw, i'm not bringing the hateorade to ppl with low post counts just because they "havent been on 2+2 for awhile." i couldn't care less about your post count. but if you don't play HSNL, which i'm fairly certain most of you don't, stop [censored] trainwrecking the threads with your useless advice.

i obviously need to get high now
Old 03-09-2007, 06:11 PM

Yeah I mean I think folding is the play here. BB has AA absolutely without a doubt - and I don't think I've ever seen TT here from the button ever in a million years. If you really think he can have TT or something then calling and folding to his turn push seems okay(but i'm folding the flop).

James
Old 03-09-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I mean I think folding is the play here. BB has AA absolutely without a doubt - and I don't think I've ever seen TT here from the button ever in a million years. If you really think he can have TT or something then calling and folding to his turn push seems okay(but i'm folding the flop).

James

[/ QUOTE ]
Terrible read. BB had KK. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

James

[/ QUOTE ]
Terrible read. BB had KK. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

To players like the BB, AA is the same as KK. So for those of you saying get it in with the 33, I assume you love BB's play of continuing with aces here, since hero's hand looks 'like a float or a small pp, and button's hand looks like TT or JJ'. I guess we're just doomed to always go broke with aces even on raggy uncoordinated boards in multiway pots?

James
Old 03-09-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So for those of you saying get it in with the 33, I assume you love BB's play of continuing with aces here, since hero's hand looks 'like a float or a small pp, and button's hand looks like TT or JJ'. I guess we're just doomed to always go broke with aces even on raggy uncoordinated boards in multiway pots?

James

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

You've made some really horrible, illogical assumptions here. Let's not hijack the thread with strawmen arguments.